Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stolen drives at Velocity ????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73800-stolen-drives-velocity.html)

CustomRigger101 03-11-2004 09:28 AM

Originally posted by Dr.Santiago
CustomRigger101:
I can not believe they did that to my beautiful Batboat:(

someone cleared on the sponsors.. sorry.. no runs..no drips.. ready to be stickers and fresh

DoTheMath 03-11-2004 09:49 AM

That is sooo discouraging! Not to mention it just pisses you off... You bust your A$$ working to be able to buy and enjoy these things and some A-Hole rips 'em off!? :mad:

Muffman - where did you get your equip. from, that sounds like a hell of a deal for piece of mind!!

Stern Lock 03-11-2004 02:10 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
Sure does :)

PS...got your message yesterday. They did not land last night. I expect them today.

They are going on as soon as I get them :)

LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP,

muffman 03-11-2004 02:14 PM

The website for the DVR card is www.digivue.com
For the money you can't beat it.

Stern Lock 03-11-2004 02:14 PM

Originally posted by CustomRigger101
sorry didn't mean to stop your thread... i have a velocity on teh lot right now that doesn't have a drive but don't think it has anything to do with those getting stolen.. it's a new 99.. never title or reged and it had the drive taken off it twice...

I AM WORKING WITH ALL O.E.M.S TO HAVE THE LOCKS WHEN THEY INSTALL YOUR DRIVES,

dhlaw 03-11-2004 03:13 PM

The thing that sucks is that the shop is clearly visible from I-4 and there are alot of boats on the lot. I bet some clowns drove by and got the idea.

dockrocker 03-11-2004 04:10 PM

I believe that OSO member Raypanic does wholesale security equipment - you might want to PM him to see what he recommends...

gdfatha 03-11-2004 04:56 PM

Originally posted by d-hlaw
The thing that sucks is that the shop is clearly visible from I-4 and there are alot of boats on the lot. I bet some clowns drove by and got the idea.
=================
Damn.. And I recently posted to a fellow OSO member..that you could see the back lot from I-4 on your way to-from Orlando and there were several boats there..

I got a tour about 2 years ago and never noticed a camera(s) focused on the back lot. Of course I wasn't looking for them either..:( :(

Just curious...Where are the Velocity employees/management comments on this thread??

I'll apologize in advance if I do not recognize a Velocity representative..:(

Sheesh.. Just remembered that Troutly once said loose lips sink ships..or sumptin like that...

Steet 03-11-2004 05:49 PM

Drives

Yes, there were a lot of drives stolen, but I do not have all the details but will talk with them tomorrow and have Kenny post or I will give you the information. I have my 390 there also which did have drives on it and I guess it still does. I will post tomorrow. Thanks

LOBSTERBOY 03-12-2004 06:00 AM

How many times will it take ,how many post like this one will it take ,for everyone to realize that protection is a must for your drives and or props ?

I got a set of #6 stolen on the race boat last year,let me tell you ,all the money and effort we put in these boats and for a couple buck's more have peace of mind !

After all that every boat i have and will have in the future will definitely have STERNLOCKS on them , and you can take that to the insurance company !!!! :confused: :crazy: