Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stolen drives at Velocity ????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73800-stolen-drives-velocity.html)

Formula Outlaw 03-14-2004 08:58 AM

A trip wire to a 12 guage shotgun would be a nice deterrent.

As much as I detest some of the mideastern philosphies, cutting a thieves hands off does have merit.

Downtown42 03-14-2004 10:36 AM

Trout, They do look good. No problem there. The PROP LOCK is what I am looking for. Stern Lock has them for 80. but they look a little goofy in my opinion. Was wondering if there are other mousetraps to look at. My props getting ripped off is my main concern. If I had newer/bigger drives I would definitely go with what you did.

Reed Jensen 03-14-2004 12:16 PM

If they want them... they will get them...even in a locked building... The thieves will drag the boat down the street to another shop if they want the drives bad enough... The only way for them to really be safe is to take them off and lock them in a vault... I used to take my props off every time I came back from boating.... not a problem for me... just run the air hose and impact gun over to the back and ... zippp.... zippp... off the boat and in a closet... Then to secure the boat... I had a wireless alarm set inside... if the cover was removed it would trip the alarm and the police would be summoned.I never had any problems... but what a lot of Bullsh!t you have to go through to protect your stuff...

R Addiction 03-14-2004 02:27 PM

You can' t have anything nice anymore!!:mad: If these recent drive thefts are all by the same scum....they sure are brazen mutha f'ers. Nothin' a well placed bullet won't stop!! Bodyshot my A$$ go for the head!!:p

R Addiction 03-14-2004 02:28 PM

Sorry about that last post........a little too much coffee today!!!;)

Stern Lock 03-14-2004 06:38 PM

Originally posted by Downtown42
Trout, They do look good. No problem there. The PROP LOCK is what I am looking for. Stern Lock has them for 80. but they look a little goofy in my opinion. Was wondering if there are other mousetraps to look at. My props getting ripped off is my main concern. If I had newer/bigger drives I would definitely go with what you did.
Remember OSO members don't pay retail, and what do you mean goofy looking.

Stern Lock 03-14-2004 06:41 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
I bought a couple :)
Is that snow in the backround,

sy goldberg 03-14-2004 08:27 PM

GOOFY LOOKING ?D

Does that question pertain to the lock or to the owner of the company?:D :D

LOBSTERBOY 03-15-2004 06:29 AM

Originally posted by Stern Lock
Remember OSO members don't pay retail, and what do you mean goofy looking.
I think he was talking about you Craig !:crazy: :D ;)

Downtown42 03-15-2004 06:46 AM

What I mean by Goofy is they stick out of the hub too far. A design that matches your prop nut somehow. I don't want to be taking them on/off at every outing. I have enough prep to do before and after. Maybe there isn't any other options and then I guess I'll know. Drive locks are nice and blend well. I am more picky sometimes than average as far as looks and how things blend together.