Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stolen drives at Velocity ????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73800-stolen-drives-velocity.html)

Stern Lock 03-15-2004 06:54 AM

Re: GOOFY LOOKING ?D

Originally posted by sy goldberg
Does that question pertain to the lock or to the owner of the company?:D :D
Love you too,

Stern Lock 03-15-2004 06:55 AM

Originally posted by LOBSTERBOY
I think he was talking about you Craig !:crazy: :D ;)
I know he is and being nice,

Stern Lock 03-15-2004 07:00 AM

Originally posted by Downtown42
What I mean by Goofy is they stick out of the hub too far. A design that matches your prop nut somehow. I don't want to be taking them on/off at every outing. I have enough prep to do before and after. Maybe there isn't any other options and then I guess I'll know. Drive locks are nice and blend well. I am more picky sometimes than average as far as looks and how things blend together.
Remember you do not remove it, and it works.

sy goldberg 03-15-2004 09:59 AM

NICE ?

Nice and I have never met and will not in the future !

mr_velocity 03-15-2004 11:02 AM

Locks are only for honest people. If a theif wants it he will take it. Lock the prop and the thief will just slam the lower with a 20 lb sledge and walk away with the prop still on the shaft. However, in almost all cases it will be enough of a deterrent to have them move onto the next boat.
I don't have locks though there is a big dog that is usually sitting on the dock.

Downtown42 03-15-2004 11:09 AM

Originally posted by mr_velocity
If a theif wants it he will take it. Lock the prop and the thief will just slam the lower with a 20 lb sledge and walk away with the prop still on the shaft.
Isn't that the truth!!! That had me laughin :D :D :D

Steet 03-16-2004 06:17 PM

Stern Locks

I have looked at several different brands of prop locks and drive locks and would like to purchase some. The only thing I want to know is how many different keys do they offer? Heck, any good thief can buy 8 or 10 different keys and remove them just as quick and still have the lock. Just curious

Stern Lock 03-16-2004 07:29 PM

Re: Stern Locks

Originally posted by Steet
I have looked at several different brands of prop locks and drive locks and would like to purchase some. The only thing I want to know is how many different keys do they offer? Heck, any good thief can buy 8 or 10 different keys and remove them just as quick and still have the lock. Just curious
THERE ARE 650 COMBINATIONS, MORE THAN G.M. OR FORD.

Steet 03-16-2004 07:39 PM

650 Combinations

I believe that would be enough. Can you buy "keyed alike" for twins, or do I have to buy 2 different ones? thanks

Stern Lock 03-17-2004 06:49 AM

Re: 650 Combinations

Originally posted by Steet
I believe that would be enough. Can you buy "keyed alike" for twins, or do I have to buy 2 different ones? thanks
FOR OSO MEMBERS THAT CAN BE ARRANGED.