Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Powerboat Racing Game PS2 - X-BOX (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73810-powerboat-racing-game-ps2-x-box.html)

mirageman 03-11-2004 10:36 AM

I think it is a great idea!
I'd buy a copy!

stecz20 03-11-2004 10:39 AM

how bout cigarette...don t see that.

robyw1 03-11-2004 10:44 AM

Well we can go with a lot of boats, I was thinking going off the categories listed in the OSO owner forums. Branch that off with engine options, branch engines to appropriate drives to appropriate props. Of course $$$ will have to be spent on making those boats competitive with canopies and other safety equip.

Roby

Ange 03-11-2004 10:44 AM

Heck yea, give ME a game to play on the Playstation!

CigDaze 03-11-2004 10:45 AM

Originally posted by Ron P
You'll need to allow the user to pick whatever hull they want to use.

Frankly I'd limit this software to F1, F2, Super V, SuperCat light and Super Cat. That should be plenty.

As an example, in F2, you should be able to choose between a Fountain, Outerlimits, Donzi or Formula. Each boat needs to handle just a little differently.

In Super Cat, pick between an MTI or Skater.

You might find that APBA would like to have their name on the software, in fact they might insist on it if you use their class names. This should mimic the NASCAR software. Also, Donzi, Formula etc might kick in some $ to get this software built. What better way to introduce kids to offshore boat racing.

YES I'D BY A COPY. CAN IT RUN ON AN IBM Clone or do I need to by Playstation?

I had an old DOS offshore racing game, and it was important to throttle on and off in the rough or the engine would overheat as it over revved. Trim was also very important to keep the boat in the water.

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN. YOU"LL GO DOWN IN BOAT RACING HISTORY!!!!!!

Excellent Ideas! I think Cig and Scarab should be in there, too. Both have long histories in racing.

CigDaze 03-11-2004 10:48 AM

The more dial-in options, the better

X-dim, prop pitch and type, drive style, toe-in/toe-out, stagger or side-by-side engines, tab size, placement, etc. The more technical, the better.

mirageman 03-11-2004 10:50 AM

Like the gran Tourismo games, I think there should be quite a few manufacturers and models to choose from. And then as you win races you can either soup up your existing boats or buy and sell new ones.
Maybe a long course race as well. Miami to Bimini and back?
It will almost be a full time job collecting data but worth it.
Cigarette's,Fountains,Outerlimits,powerplay,panter a etc...
stepped hulls, non-stepped hulls, different drives, different props but with props it should be made easy, the better the prop the more money.

:)

SteveO 03-11-2004 10:51 AM

I'm in!

I may be getting ahead of the game here but I used to have a poweboat racing game that ran on the computer with a steering wheel and foot pedals. I always thought how cool it would be to have a steering wheel that mounted to the desk but aslo had a throttle that mounted next to it. Just like a real boat and make it so you have to work it if the boat comes out of the water:D

DoTheMath 03-11-2004 10:52 AM

I like the "old school" style option, get a race (or two) "offshore", waaaay off, out to the Bahamas and back would be cool! Nasty water and all!:)

robyw1 03-11-2004 11:03 AM

THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO SEE! KEEP EM COMING

Roby