Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Powerboat Racing Game PS2 - X-BOX (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73810-powerboat-racing-game-ps2-x-box.html)

robyw1 03-11-2004 02:01 PM

Believe me all of that stuff is figured in. I don't want this game to be easy as in where you can rack up millions of dollars and buy 100 boats to play with. NO NO! This game will keep hitting your virtual wallet with constant repairs and maintenance. You keep winning you will keep getting bigger and better things. You keep losing and you will stay the 22'-26' class with only a single 377 horsepower. That is where everyone's going to start.

On another note I'm working on an Excel file trying to gather information for this game. Does anyone want to give it a crack? If you want to fill and or add information please do so and send it back to me. I will then merge the files. If you work with Excel you can see that I have it formatted pretty simple so I can embed more individual information later. E-mail me at: [email protected] if you want to add your suggestions to the file. Please understand that this is in no way a done deal but the more info I get the better the game will be, and most importantly the demand for it.

Thanks
Roby

Ron P 03-11-2004 02:01 PM

Yes, each race course needs to have it's own unique wave pattern and wave size.

Do are you done yet? Will it be available next week?

26scarab 03-11-2004 05:11 PM

I'm in for a PS 2 game !!

I like Baja Daze's format also need a demo/trial format so you can just have some fun if you don't want to race a whole series

I would like to see some of the "offshore" style races so you would actually have to do a little navigating.

Varying water conditions is a must ! and having to work the throttle when airing out would be cool.

Some ideas for cheat codes or bonus boats would be a Callan turbine boat, Bacardi silver, and old Apache would be cool.

Also after winning enough money being able to build your own boat would be cool.

This can be done, look at Grand Turismo 2 (much better than 3) and some of the Rally car games. In Jet Moto2 there is a water area and the waves are pretty realistic. In some of the moto cross games doubling or tripling jumps gets you ahead. REALISM is a must if you are going to sell this game to adults as well as kids. I've got a Snowmobile game and it's cool but they made up stupid names for some of the things you can modify. Real names would have been better.
I'm sure some of the manufactures would through a few bucks into the mix to get there name in the game. I remember wipeout XL had Red Bull signs in the game.

I really hope this can get developed it would be awesome.

C M R 03-11-2004 06:02 PM

This is an Awesome idea!! heck I use to play Grand Theft Auto half the time just to drive the boats around! :rolleyes: haha Count me in I'd buy it!

FFO 03-12-2004 06:53 AM

Make the game for all systems !!! It would help promote the sport. Also make goals to open new courses , and paint shop and engine room etc. Throw in poker runs for a chance to test your boat and setup . Make the wind be random so you don't get good at one course. The list could go on and on.. Good luck.. I would buy

DyD 03-12-2004 08:49 AM

Why would you not make the game available for both platforms ??

Either way I think that I would buy the game console just to play the game.

My only concern would be that in GT I never finished the long races, just because they were to long and boring, just took up too much time. So I would limit the length of the races, or make the time adjustable.

I agree that there should be some vintage boats available, and that everyone should start off in the smaller boats and work their way up.

Great idea, I hope it becomes a reality.

FunHome 03-12-2004 08:58 AM

I hope it doesn't include guns and stupid jumps like other's I've seen!! Just waves!!

This would be awesome!! I'd buy one!!

Would it be for X-Box as well??

CigDaze 03-12-2004 09:03 AM

The more I think about it, I'm sure the game would be best suited for a dedicated game console like PS2 or X-Box, but most of us don't have those at work. But most of us do have PC's.....We need a PC version! :D :D

Ron P 03-12-2004 09:05 AM

Agreed, no guns or stupid ramps to jump. That'll just ruin it.

robyw1 03-12-2004 09:15 AM

Originally posted by Ron P
Agreed, no guns or stupid ramps to jump. That'll just ruin it.
Well maybe a manatee or two. :D:D