If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    woops...meant this would decrease slippage and be more grippy!

Guest last much do you guys want to bet that Don Aronow had the attention of the outdrive builders back then and he influenced what they did too?

we need one of these to decrease prop slip in a #6...anybody want to build one?
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Boats:
    2005 42' Fountain SOLD
    1 Flu Ovr KuKos Nest-WI
    Do you think I can just turn the key and go?

....just came accross this ...not bad...

Oh, and there was good info matter who came up with it or where it came from!

thanks for the complement! I like your style...cautious but wise Troutly! This is for you!

...hey Troutly...tell me more about this there thing eh? Looks like a winner!

My buddies and I consider all the Aronow boats to be keepers...I wish a had a boat as nice as yours Troutly! I would buy one in a heartbeat just for the attention to detail and now I understand what makes boats tick...the formula is a very very safe fast is some interesting info you might be interested in...

The boat, designated the Formula 276, became the prototype for Aronow's first boat company, Formula Marine, a name he chose because it utilized the talents of such soon-to-be legends as Stirrat, Jim Wynne, Walt Walters, Buddy Smith, and Jake Trotter. For Aronow, this was the right formula. The shop would be the first of many that would make NE 188th Street known as Gasoline Alley and Thunderboat row and Don Aronow as its reigning monarch.

Formula Marine's race-tested production boats were an immediate success, and in 1964 Aronow sold the molds to Thunderbird while he and his team were busy moving on to the next phase of making racing history.

Aronow kept a 17-foot hull mold after the Formula sale and trimmed it to 16 feet. Launched early in 1964, the Sweet Sixteen prototype became the first boat from Donzi Marine, which got its name when record producer Morris Levy ribbed Aronow about the new boat being another Donsy," a critique of the Formula 23's less-than-macho plush interior. By the end of the year, Donzis were a force in powerboat racing.

Long Island NY
    WOW !!!!!!!!!!!! You gotta love this stuff.

My Boats:
    30 motion ob
    chesapeake bay md
    Very interesting. How does this formula compare to the speed calculator on Bam marine site?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast