Notices

Key West boating?

Old 03-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Key West boating?

Where to go? Are there any dockside bars , exploring that does not involve the ocean, we need backwater.
My wife is turning 40 so we are doing the Keys for 3 nights May 6-9, I want to stay at Holiday Isle for 2 nights then Key West, but most resorts have a 3 day min. in Key West, been there alot but not by boat. Thanks for the suggestions.

Hugh
Old 03-09-2004, 10:02 PM
Registered

ttt
Old 03-09-2004, 10:31 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Hugh,

The only big water you might encounter is the last 38 miles from the old railroad bridge south of the 7 mile bridge to Key West Harbor. Usually a following sea as you're heading almost due west going down and due east into the seas coming back, until you turn inside. Other than that, you're running Biscayne Bay to Florida Bay thru the ICW and hardly ever will you find anything bigger than 2 feet. Even at that, unless you have a really stormy day, you'll be fine. Once there, the Galleon is probbaly the nicest place, if not Key West Bight has overnight accommodations for 1 night or more. Lot's of restaurants/bars right there in the harbor. Turtle Krawls, AandB, Commanders, Key West Seafood, etc. etc. If you need compass courses, give me a call.

Have fun, and 40 by the way, is young, REAL young

Steve
Old 03-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Registered

Thanks Steve, it was great meeting you at Miami, We are going to trailer the doat down(don't have the time to motor) I have done some boating in Islamorada, Hawks Kay and KeyWest(w/Audacity Joey) but I think the upper keys have more dockside bars, I mean Resturants We may leave the boat at Mangrove Marine $150 a month for rack storage
Can you go to Sugarloaf key on the inside, or even as far as Ohio keyor is ther no channel?
I think we will spend the first couple of days at Holiday Isle and Sat night scooter racing in Key West
Old 03-10-2004, 05:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone know anything about that new place in KeyWest, Monty's? I was there last year when the powerboats were pulling in It seems like a nice place.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Registered

Never been there I think they have one in Miami at the the South end of Alton Rd, Miami Beach marina, may have been there
Old 03-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a couple of Dockside bar/restaurants on the Well, I guess it would be the South/West side, Seemed to be a shortage of Dockage for stopping off to just have a drink, but then again, that was during the Worlds last year, I am sure its not that busy at other times(there were a "few" extra boats there at that time).

Chech here,http://www.conchrepublicseafood.com/ I know there are docks nearby

I have a similar problem, but it involves beaches instead of boats, My sister is coming down this summer with Family, and wants to stay on the sandy beach in the keys!!! Well, I tried to explain to her that the islands are mostly rock, but she insists beach. I know there are a few man made beaches, and Bahia Honda, but can someone reccomend something reasonably priced for a family, with a decent beach nearby to keep her and the kids happy, while not too far from Duval, so my brother in law and I go get tanked while the chicks are gettin sunburned!!!

Last edited by rchevelle71; 03-10-2004 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Registered

the beaches are 1 mile offshore
Old 03-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Pat D.

Good luck!

The Key West TDC has been busy advertising and all the keys have been FULL for 2 months now and it's getting worse. The highway and downtown Key West is much busier than you've seen in at the World's.
Your only luck will come if they reduce the rates after Easter like they usually do.
Sandy beach, near Duval, great rate.......isn't going to happen unless you go through Travelocity or one of those travel websites.
Won't mention the name but the smallest motel with no pool but lots of noise and crummy rooms is now getting $290 a night and he turns people away.
If you are seriously looking for more info. you can email me.
Pat in Marathon

Old 03-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by HebertNecessity
the beaches are 1 mile offshore
Yeah, I know, we will probably have to bring the boat(not that thats a bad thing, but I have a tendency to find the shallow spots), and take them out there!!!!!

Quick Reply: Key West boating?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.