lake Winnipesaukee and mufflers

Notices

lake Winnipesaukee and mufflers

Old 03-13-2004, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts
Default lake Winnipesaukee and mufflers

There was a post recently regarding boating in New England and particulary lake Winnipesaukee.There also was some discussion regarding mufflers and maybe boating on the lake without them.If you plan to boat on the lake,please use mufflers.I am the first person that would love to have the noise restrictions on the lake lifted.There is no better sound than two high horsepower engines running at redline in the water.However,there are noise restrictions and almost all performance boats fail,even with mufflers!The lake gets very popular in the summer and alot of people show up for a week or weekend with big horsepower boats and no mufflers.They use their boats on the lake and then leave.The problem with this is that the boats are so loud that the local residents complain to their local politicians and police,and the next week all other performance boaters pay the price!Several years ago there was a Outerlimits on the lale with 1200,s and no mufflers.Before he got kicked off the lake by the marine patrol,he had pissed off countless people and had caused the whole noise restriction topic to be brought up and discussed at the next town meeting!Bob Russell and Mike Fiore showed up at the lake last year with Bobs record breaking 42 gtx and before they ran that boat ,they installed some bolt on mufflers.They had the common decency to do the right thing .The point is that our boats do not pass the decibel test and we usually do not get bothered unless ofcourse, someone stirrs up some trouble.So please, come to the lake and enjoy,but please respect your fellow performance boaters and bolt on some mufflers.We all will have more fun!
Old 03-13-2004, 08:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mufflers

PM, plan on staying at the NASWA for 2 weekends this summer. My dealer told me decibel level at idle would be
88-91with a 496 Mag. WOT would be around 104-5. Also i was told silent choice was illegal. WTF?
Old 03-13-2004, 09:14 AM
Registered

Check out www.winnilakers.com for more info.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: mufflers

Originally posted by waterheater
i was told silent choice was illegal. WTF?
what about shotgun tips
Old 03-13-2004, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

It's full-time mufflers only.

Silent choice is illegal because of the option to run unmuffled.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:29 AM
Registered

I got a ticket last year for noise. I was in the Freedom Honda Poker Run and they pulled me over. The guy said he could hear me coming from the Weirs Beach and he was in Merideth. Gave me a ticket for $43.20. It was just a pain in the butt to get pulled over and this year I have Stainless Marine Gen3 5inch dry, so I will use mufflers for sure. BTW, any word on any poker runs in NH this year?
Old 03-13-2004, 09:34 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been there...done that, back in 93 when I first had my Liberator. Prior to that I had outboards and had no idea of the noise restrictions
Well , one day returning to the NASWA I got nailed by Diane , the MP officer. She gave me a ticket for no muffs , and required me to get a noise test which is done each Sunday. Now this is where it gets good , three days later she stops me again (you had a 10 day grace period) so I got away unscathed this time. But being she was probably a summer help college student and kinda cute , I just had to take up some of her time
. So there we were floating thru Weirs channel for about 1/2 hour just BSing and discussing the lake. As we go to part ways I ask her if she sat on something as I stretch my neck to view her a$$. She responded by turning around and sticking it out so i could get a good view . My answer was "Nah , looks good"
Not another word was spoken....I just put mine in gear and idled over to the NASWA where I was staying. The look on her face was worth 10 tickets .

I never did get a noise test , but return later years with Corsa Captains Call and kept it closed and followed all the rules religiously as not to be stopped asd never had a problem..
I now have Formulas Silent Thunder , no problems.
Attached Thumbnails lake Winnipesaukee and mufflers-resortmap.jpg  

Last edited by mopower; 03-13-2004 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Waterheater,

You should be allright.The lake is a funny place regarding noise pollution and other regulations.The main rule is to stay 150 feet away from another vessel while underway.For the most part,if you are courteous and use common sense you should be fine.Its blatant noise violation and rude,dangerous boating habits that can bring trouble.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:43 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Just stick to Lake Champlain waterheater, Winni is a mess on week-ends borders on the dangerous.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PM thanks for the info. Theres only one way to find out.

Breathe: Any specific threads on the subject at winnilakers?

Quick Reply: lake Winnipesaukee and mufflers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.