Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Apache under construction !!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74197-new-apache-under-construction.html)

Tonto 03-16-2004 01:37 AM

Thanks guys,
Best of luck to BOTH boat builers in their endeavors with their new products. I'm just greatful that I have one of the lumpy 'ole resin buckets that everyone seems to be trying to duplicate.

To Mr. McManus,
Thank you for building my boat back when you did, I love it! See you next week.

To Mr. Saccenti,
Good luck with your new boat Co. and we'll get together for dinner soon, I promise.

To all else Merry Christmas and a good night! Details coming soon.

Robert

WickedWon 03-16-2004 06:59 AM

Feel The Luv

Geez Robert, lets all have a freak'n group hug :D I remember when your late night posts almost always started some CHIT !! Dude your going soft on me, what next, ya gonna but tranny's in Tonto like the rest of us wussy's :eek: :D

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 07:26 AM

Well said Robert, both of these builders deserve our support. The company in Delray should stop trying to hijack the name and history of Apache and build their boats under a new name.

wwwTOPDJcom 03-16-2004 09:20 AM

well this page has a trademark and copyright notice on the bottom? is this the real one?

http://www.apacheusa.com/heritage.php

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 09:58 AM

Heya Brian,

To answer your question you first need to visit the United States Patent and Trademark Office website(USTPO). The name or mark for "Apache" for boats is U.S. Trademark Registration Number 706,228. Do a search of this Reg # and you will find that Mark McManus INC is the owner of the mark.

A search of the State of Florida records will also show the Mark McManus INC is the owner of the round Indian head logo found on this fake Apache website. The Florida Registration Number is T01049.

These are the facts. Don't believe everything you read on the web.

As you know the courts are flooded with lawsuits these days and it will take awhile for this matter to be resolved.

This ApacheUSA company(or whatever they call themselves) is NOT listed as the owners of these logos or trademarks. These guys have nothing to do with the history(heritage) of Apache and are just trying to take credit for work they didn't do.

97BossHammer 03-16-2004 10:21 AM

I hope this mess gets sorted out. I loved the Apache boats and I'm ready for a comeback.

Tonto 03-16-2004 11:20 AM

You can use anyone's logo on your site as long as you list the trademark and copyright as to who it belongs to.

Robert

apache21 03-16-2004 11:35 AM

Tonto,
Maybe you are right. I think McManus deserves the name but I feel that the McManus name stands stronger than the current Apache. Just my 2 cents. If I was goning to buy a V i would buy one from Bobby S or Mark McManus. There work is priceless.

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 12:57 PM

Right you are Robert. :) You can use logos and trademarks you don't own on websites(and other places) as long as you have permission in writing and give the owners of the mark credit.

These guys make no effort to give proper credit to the owner of the Apache mark or the logo.

For instance, this is what appears at the bottom of the webpage : "The circular Apache Powerboats indian head logo are trademarked and are the exclusive property of Apache Offshore Powerboats, LLC."

According to this language they claim to own the logo when in reality they don't.

The Apache name and the circular Apache Powerboats indian head logo are(and this is according to the Federal Government AND State of Florida websites) the exclusive property of Mark McManus Inc.

These are the FACTS, I would welcome anybody to prove me wrong.

P.S. Thats 21 posts !!!!!!! Fear my post count, lol.

Zero Cavity 03-16-2004 01:08 PM

Like ApacheCarl said: FACTS.