Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Apache under construction !!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74197-new-apache-under-construction.html)

ApachePete 03-16-2004 02:43 PM

ApacheCarl

So you're still out there, huh?

Are you stepping up to buy the new 42 Apache? Your 41 is now more than 16 years old, so it's about time you move into the new milenium, don't you think?

Just be sure it has BIG TABS!

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 02:53 PM

That hurts Pete :(

ApachePete 03-16-2004 03:12 PM

Sorry, Carl. I wouldn't have said it if I had gotten my trophy back.

So is the new 42 yours?

Perhaps I should take a run down to Ft Myers for a look-see.

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 03:24 PM

No, its not mine, We're still happy with 15 year old one, still runs good. PM me when your back in Michigan, we can do lunch and trade trophys. Always remember who had the fasted lap in Open class in the 90 Grand Haven race. If you forgot I have the paperwork, hehe. :)

ApachePete 03-16-2004 03:32 PM

Fastest Lap?

Is there a trophy for that?

If you have the records, take a look at the finish order, young fella. I believe that only one of us finished in the money on that very rough day!

Hey! Allez Vite is for sale in Miami right now. It's got Zul 705 blower motors that run on pump gas (now THATS a big improvement) and transmissions (wimpy), and supposedly still runs 100. In the pictures, it looks brand new.

I may have to buy it back and teach you where you are in the pecking-order . . . again.

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 03:39 PM

I know I know, " You can't win if you don't finish". You should buy your old boat back. The old 41's age well.

97BossHammer 03-16-2004 03:42 PM

whew....getting hot in here :)

ApachePete 03-16-2004 03:44 PM

I'd LOVE to buy it back. It's priced about the same as what I could get for my Formula, believe it or not (not much demand for old race boats, I guess).

However, it would end a 36 marriage, and that would be VERY expensive!

So I'll have to settle for a ride in yours, which still looks brand new, too.

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 03:47 PM

Anytime you want to go out for a ride Pete just give me a call. You can even control the tabs :)

P.S. is the trophy in question the one from the 1989 D-Class race in GrandHaven ????? The very same race where you showed up for a "Sportsman" race with blower motors ??????? :) The very same race where the much maligned tab user ApacheCarl had to make do with single carbs sans blowers. That race ????

ApachePete 03-16-2004 04:07 PM

Yep, that's the one.

Poor Carl and his single carb motors . . . which just happened to be Lingenfelter dry-sumps that made MORE power than my blower motors.

They did have a bit of a reliability problem, as I recall.

What are you running now?