Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chief Powerboats Factory Pictures! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74199-chief-powerboats-factory-pictures.html)

Shane 03-16-2004 07:15 AM

Congratulations and best wishes for much future success. The 30 looks like a Shadow. Did you by any chance acquire the molds and use them in your design process? I would LOVE a ride in the 30 and or 35. If it runs like it looks, the ultra smooth SAFE ride will SURELY DEMAND attention and RESPECT! Especially with Bobby and Stinson involved.:)

super termoli 03-16-2004 07:27 AM

Scott, can you give us some more info on the 53 Ultima? What are your plans in terms of power and trannies? Will you offer a diesel option or even offer ONLY a diesel option given the size of that thing? At least two separate cabins I suppose? Thanks in advance and best of luck in any case.

It's always good news when great talents with their knowledge and experience are back in this industry...

Payton 03-16-2004 07:36 AM

Roger1
Thanks for they pics!

Scott, Bobby and Sean
Great looking boats! I can't wait to see them on the water. I need to try and "sneek" up there for the first splash of that 35 cat.

Scott
I like your attitude. That's the way to set an example for the industry.

Sean
Happy birthday!!!

Pure Energy 03-16-2004 08:41 AM

Originally posted by sgrady
To all at OSO Members:

The idea originally behind Chief was to take some of the old race horses and re-furb them into a Modern looking Powerboat. The first one was mine, and if anyone would like, I would love to discuss with you the changes that were made and the new ones going forward. During the time frame of starting this, the idea became clear to all involved, that the traditional look and wave splitting ride mixed in with new technology and Lamination process would produce a winner. We then consulted with current owners, designers, technicians, material vendors, and any other experts we could contact. During the whole process very few people were told of the whole concept and the ones that were, know we thankful for keeping it quiet.

Chief is not designed to attempt an offshore speed record. Or are we in that fight. We are designing boats with the same traditional ride, similar looks, and safety being foremost in the thought process. A boat that turns like a standard vee design with steps and still giving a great top line speed and added efficiencies so the boat does not NEED to be over powered. Fast and fun, yet controlled.

We will be different from everything out there, including design and finish. There is a big volume of pride with in Chief and all of the Vendors involved. There is much more to be told. The story has just begun. Think of us as the “refined and redesigned” classic. Thank you for the support, no more bashing, we will not respond. Chief is here to make Boats, period.

:D

Sounds like an awsome Mission Statement!!! It's comforting to here someone claiming not to be the "best" or the "fastest" but to put together a great boat to satisfy the needs of the performance boater. Keep those photos coming!!!

sgrady 03-16-2004 08:54 AM

Originally posted by super termoli
Scott, can you give us some more info on the 53 Ultima? What are your plans in terms of power and trannies? Will you offer a diesel option or even offer ONLY a diesel option given the size of that thing? At least two separate cabins I suppose? Thanks in advance and best of luck in any case.

It's always good news when great talents with their knowledge and experience are back in this industry...

Thanks for the compliments. THe 53 has a deadrise of 24 Degrees, 14 foot Beam. Either Quad Gas (496), Quad Yanmars or Twin Big Diesels. 63 MPH with quad 496's.

sean stinson 03-16-2004 09:01 AM

Thanks for all of the compliments and well wishes. We will keep everyone posted as things progress which seem to be happening pretty fast. Stay tuned and again from everyone at Chief Powerboats, Thank you.

Sean

DoTheMath 03-16-2004 09:11 AM

"Hail to the Chief!" Er... Chiefs in this case!;) :D

Way to take it to the next level guys! There needs to be more quality boats being built by quality people, let the others sling the BS... it is evident what you guys are about and how you run your operation. Looking forward to seeing the 42 run.

sgrady 03-16-2004 09:13 AM

Originally posted by Payton
Roger1
Thanks for they pics!

Scott, Bobby and Sean
Great looking boats! I can't wait to see them on the water. I need to try and "sneek" up there for the first splash of that 35 cat.

Scott
I like your attitude. That's the way to set an example for the industry.

Sean
Happy birthday!!!

Splash is next week for the cat, the rest ? I am sure you know anyhow. :D ;)

buckknekkid 03-16-2004 02:00 PM

I think I may have to put my Viking up for sale, that Cats looking fine!:eureka:

GregP 03-16-2004 02:14 PM

My only question is, who ever heard of building performance boats in Indiana <LOL>

I'd ask if their was a 35 cc cat in the future but it would just make me jealous.

I'm guessing this was well under way when Bobby told me he "wasnt't done building boats yet". Good luck to all.

-Greg