Notices

Moving on down to Florida

Old 03-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you guys for the well wishes. I got in last night at about 1140 pm. So the main priority was to unload the truck and then go get some beer. Long day on the road. but worth it cause yesterday it was snowing in Pittsburgh and today its sunny and in the 80's here. I think I did the right thing. (ask me again in the middle of summer )

Unfortunately Gainesville is not on the water. But I am looking into a couple departments that are on the water. So hopefully something will work out for me. And I will never turn my back on my school. Gonna go out and hang up all kinds of Pitt banners and flags in front of where ever I move to if its in town.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 1,825 Likes on 714 Posts
Thumbs up O.K., NOW I'M GEEKED!!

We're two weeks behind your ass!!
I just confirmed another interview in Ft.Myers while down.
Our goal is to come home a week later with two jobs and a place to live, turn in our 30 day notice to employers/landlord and haul ass!!
Little boat almost ready and Sonic still has two power heads on the work bench and lowers in parts on the floor
The good news is I figured out how to repair everything up here, spent all Winter collecting spare parts, and should be good to go.
5 cranks,6 sets of carbs, 6 sets of heads, 2 sets of pistons, and 4 sets of props
Should get me through the first Summer anyhow
Rollwithit, you rock Brother!! I'm happy for you!
Gary
Old 03-18-2004, 11:50 AM
Registered

Here I though I was having boat issues to get mine down here. I just need to get a bigger truck to tow it with. Other than that, its ready to splash. Cant emphasize how fortunate I've been with the reliability with this boat. ( knock on wood )

Now I just need to find a job to start bringing in cash till something bigger pans out.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:51 AM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Down Chris, down! At least you guys called this time. Unlike before.... I take it you all survived being Irish for a night. I crashed after finally getting to leave work. Hope you hoisted a couple for me!
Old 03-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Registered

Yes we survived. And I am a little Irish everyday of the year. Something about genetics. LOL. We hoisted a couple for a few people. Actually, we didnt get too wasted at all. Got there late and were too busy laughing at all the idiots.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

and there where planty of them to laugh at also!
Old 03-18-2004, 05:39 PM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Sometimes it's just best to grab a drink and an out of the way place to observe and just watch what goes on. You never know what you might see. We went to IHOP last Saturday morning and had to park in the back of the lot. Went around a corner and there was some chick sitting in a guy's lap in the driver's seat of a car. And let me tell you, they had NO idea anyone in a huge deisel F-350 rode by....
Old 03-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Registered

Welcome from another newbie! I just moved to Sarasota the first of march. I have been loving every minuite! The weather and boating have been great! Are you guys going to be at the St Cloud races? We should hook up for some beers!
Todd
Old 03-19-2004, 12:34 PM
Registered

Definately planning on being there at the races. I know a few members should be there. I just dont know if I will have the boat here in time for that or not. Keep running into delays on that part. We will have to hook up though and have a couple.

Ange, you are right about that. Besides, I can only tolerate drunk idiots bumping into me for a little while. Like seconds. Then I am ready to strangle somebody. Of course, I dont mind when the idiots are girls.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:10 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Originally posted by RollWithIt
Of course, I dont mind when the idiots are girls.
The very definition of redundant.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher

Quick Reply: Moving on down to Florida

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.