Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chicago to Hollywood, FL (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74469-chicago-hollywood-fl.html)

ActiveThunderTodd 03-21-2004 12:22 AM

Have a great trip Roger. Dont feel like a whimp either. If you dont know about it or have never done the trip, it can make you think twice. But dont worry you'll be just fine. Im going down in May to pick mine up and Im positive that I'll be taking that route.

GREEK LIGHTNING 03-21-2004 11:51 AM

ROGER, Make sure you take enough tools to get you out of a mechanical jam at anytime of the day. A small portable air compressor, plug in type, and a flat repair kit are essential. If you need one to use let me know. I always brought a floor jack in case of flats. Easier to use than those b.s. jacks in the vehicles. When are you going back down after you drop your boat off. I'll be there towards the middle of April in the Miami area. And then on and off again for the next several months. Let me know and we could hook up. If my new boat is done I'll take you out for a spin. How is my lift doing? Are you ready to sell? Don't worry about the trip. It's not that bad. Just take your time. Good luck and have a safe trip.

Hi-Tech Marine 03-21-2004 11:56 AM

Chicago

Its a good trip..... Drive it often....

Quiet Storm 03-23-2004 10:36 PM

I'm back.:D

Everything went fine. The biggest problem I had was getting into some of the gas stations along the way. Some just are not ready for 60' of truck and boat.

I did change my mind again and took 65 down to 231. Not because of the mountains but because I wanted to see Decatur, AL. I have an opportunity to move there. From what I saw the boating would suck:rolleyes: so I don't think the move will happen.

Mark, the boat should be ready in two or three weeks.

Mike, the lift is doing fine. I'm going to move it over to V-1 this year. If I move to Decatur I'll sell it back to you but don't hold your breath. I'm having too much fun here to move there. It would be great to get together. I'll let you know when I'm going back.

Roger

candyman35 03-23-2004 10:45 PM

Hey Roger,
I'm happy to see you had a safe trip. Did you get to go for any test runs while you were there?
Dan

Mr. Demeanor 03-23-2004 10:56 PM

Good to here it went well.

Donzi38ZX 03-23-2004 11:05 PM

Roger,

Glad all went well. Now I know who can take mine down if needed:D See you Saturday.

Steve

MrCIG 03-23-2004 11:45 PM

Welcome home. Glad it went well. We will catch up on Saturday

Mark

26sonic 03-24-2004 04:06 AM

quite storm

I'm a friend of 26 sonic, my new 358 was probably done being painted just wondering if you got to see it there, yellow purple and orange with fx on the bow?

Payton 03-24-2004 06:57 AM

Roger, glad the trip went well.
You did stop by We Bare All on the way down right?:D :D

I think it's a law or something that you have to stop.;)