Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Update on 260 Sonic Prowler (Test run) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74582-update-260-sonic-prowler-test-run.html)

jlsnyder26_Sonic 03-20-2004 10:55 AM

Originally posted by wwwTOPDJcom
Lab that Puppy :D then lets hear the numbers
I have a labbed one on the way, and I will update with warmer temps, and loaded.

That will be the true test...

Sydwayz 03-22-2004 12:39 AM

Those are great numbers JL. I KNOW it has more than that. Wait until you get into consistant 2 footers.

gmhdfan 03-22-2004 06:53 AM

Originally posted by SOX
Nice boat, Any pics of the interior? I'm working on the wife a little bit to make a Prowler 26' our next boat... Help me out. ;)
My wife was on that boat at the Miami show and see liked it. It looked like a very nice package. Enjoy you get alot of boat for the money. Thought the bolster could be moved back a liitle though. :) :cool:

jlsnyder26_Sonic 03-22-2004 08:49 AM

Originally posted by Sydwayz
Those are great numbers JL. I KNOW it has more than that. Wait until you get into consistant 2 footers.
I can't wait...! I just wish I had some different props to try out before the season starts. It seems I could go up in pitch, but then again I haven't tried running it with any weight. People, gas, cooler, stereo, etc.
Big factor as a whole!

jlsnyder26_Sonic 03-22-2004 08:58 AM

Originally posted by gmhdfan
Thought the bolster could be moved back a liitle though. :) :cool:
I totally agree…I am a pretty skinny guy and I have to squeeze in between the steering wheel and bolster. But, I have to say after driving the boat, it did give you an added feeling of security running at high speeds.

Downtown42 03-22-2004 10:29 AM

ahhh..that makes sense...:fish:

Sydwayz 03-22-2004 10:54 AM

JL, I saw the close fit on the bolster/steering wheel on your boat. The steering hub actually comes in three sizes, or thicknesses, and you can get a shorter one to put the wheel closer to the dash. This will help some. I have no problem with mine, as I like the fit too; but others do not.

jlsnyder26_Sonic 03-22-2004 07:28 PM

Originally posted by Sydwayz
JL, I saw the close fit on the bolster/steering wheel on your boat. The steering hub actually comes in three sizes, or thicknesses, and you can get a shorter one to put the wheel closer to the dash. This will help some. I have no problem with mine, as I like the fit too; but others do not.
Thank you, that's good information...I did ask about that, and never recieved an answer from Sonic. After driving the boat though, I think it will be ok in the present location.

CBlakeNS 03-22-2004 07:33 PM

Nice boat there.

509 SC 03-22-2004 09:29 PM

JL, Great speed, I guess the infused hull helped quite a bit ( the ITS system supposedly helps this boat also), I wonder if Sonic has changed the x dimension with the ITS. In the picture of the engine compartment, what's the fiberglass structure to the left of the header? Is it just a cosmetic cover for the stringer or something else? If the bolster was moved back any farther the rear seat legroom would suffer. You can't have a large cabin, walk around deck, roomy engine compartment and a big cockpit! It's only a 26' boat:D :D I have a Prowler and think it offers alot for it's size! Steve