Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Life Jackets and where to buy tem (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74607-life-jackets-where-buy-tem.html)

Spectre Man 03-20-2004 08:56 AM

Life Jackets and where to buy tem

OK. Ok. I missed out on Albert's Poker Run Lifeline life jackets. Someone snuck in there before me. But, I still need two cool poker run life jackets for the summer. Does anybody have any for sale or does anybody know where I can get some... that is without paying for new Lifeline's. They are definitely over priced.

dyno 03-20-2004 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
rocknrescue.com less than $100

Semper Fi 03-20-2004 01:18 PM

I ordered the Rock n Rescue ones just like in the picture from the previous post. They are ok..they dont look as good as they do in the picture. They are "average" quality, but CG approved.

Cord 03-21-2004 09:23 AM

Ben from SRP is on the board too.

Ben@SRP 03-21-2004 09:32 AM

Thanks Cord...

Yes SRP does offer PokerRun Lifejacket starting around $200+. They are very high quality and we can add colors and embroidery logos also.

Take Care, Ben

www.SecurityRace.com or www.HedrickMotorsports.com

Semper Fi 03-21-2004 12:17 PM

Ben,
You guys have alot of Jackets to offer! Are the Poker Run jackets CG approved?

Spectre Man 03-21-2004 02:03 PM

Ben - I checked out your webstite and looked at the Green jacket with the 2 pull tabs at the bottom. Does the jacket have flotation and then when you pull the tabs you get more flotation. What's the story here Ben?

Can you get a collar like the lifelines have?

What about floating you upright if your boat flips?

dyno 03-21-2004 05:48 PM

Originally posted by Semper Fi
I ordered the Rock n Rescue ones just like in the picture from the previous post. They are ok..they dont look as good as they do in the picture. They are "average" quality, but CG approved.
I have two of these and I dont think you can beat them for the price..... I might wear it 2-4 times a year and there plenty good for that.

Ben@SRP 03-21-2004 05:52 PM

Semper Fi,
Unfortunately no "ballistic" impact PokerRun jacket is USCG approved (that I know of). All you need is to have a orange standard cheapy on board to be legal. There are USCG approved high speed jackets out there, most are water ski or bass boat jackets and really wouldn't help in a high speed accident. Hope that helps.

Ben

Ben@SRP 03-21-2004 05:58 PM

Spectre Man,
The jackets that you are looking at are AirVest for canopy and racing applications. You can use them for open cockpit boats although they provide very little protection from impact. They are designed to be deployed after you are out of the canopy and are on the surface. They have two bladders in them, hence the two pull tabs. Hope that helps too.

Ben