Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stepp (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74625-stepp.html)

Havasu Cig 04-03-2004 03:52 PM

I don't know about "tucking the drives" while turning. I leave the drives about neutral or maybe a little positive trim on our stepped Gun and have never had a problem.

I would also like to know how many people have actually spun their Stepped V's in a pleasure situation. I personally don't know anybody. The only boat I have spun was the last cat I owned.

Downtown42 04-04-2004 02:18 PM

Originally posted by Havasu Cig

I would also like to know how many people have actually spun their Stepped V's in a pleasure situation. I personally don't know anybody. The only boat I have spun was the last cat I owned.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ight=winnebago

see post #9

Downtown42 04-04-2004 03:02 PM

True. Wasn't there at the time. Just heard the story from several people. I know the guy. He is pretty aggresive and has lots of mula.

gmhdfan 04-04-2004 06:26 PM

Originally posted by Fever Mike
A couple of Chevy's and Dodges spun at the NASCAR race today...maybe there is a desgin fault!:rolleyes:
This is F'n ridiculous!:eek: :D

If you would have said "Ford and Dodges" I would have agreed with you.:D :D

Hey that "Potato Chip" Velocity held it's own against the World Champion Activator today in that "little lake" race in St. Cloud. It was actually the best side by side racing all day. That other World Champion F1 Fountain finally lost a race, but their were some other boats in its class today :rolleyes:

1HYPER1 04-04-2004 10:23 PM

Hey Mike,
Get over the Velocity & Fountain thing we all know you have your own reasons for thinking the way you do just like all of the rest of us think and have opinions,we just dont continue to bash them every time we think we could get away with it,just go fishin and enjoy life,after all that is what it is all about,you of all people should know that,Anyway lets all get over the this is and that is better B,S Because we all know they can break or delaminate when abused.PERIOD.

gmhdfan 04-04-2004 10:47 PM

Yea, what HYPER said. Enjoy the Concept and get over the Steve thing. :) :cool:

mjpcowboy 04-05-2004 11:51 AM

I have owned three step hull boats and have never "spun" or have had any negative handling problems with any of them period. I have however been in a traditional V 29ft. and completely out of control due to massive chine walk. Some boat mfg. simply make a better handling boat than others regardless of step or no step. Way to many other factors that make a hull safe or not safe.

T2x 04-05-2004 03:45 PM

The stages of performance boat knowledge........

Stage I...... Newbie on the prowl for a boat......... basically clueless and subject to buying boat #1 from the first salesman he (or she) meets......especially if the salesman is an "experienced racer" (i.e...served on a pit crew for a 56 mph offshore boat in 1972)

Stage II...... Post Newbie on the prowl for boat #2..... Has managed to chine walk and porpoise his way in boat #1 above to local watering holes where he is immediately cornered by the loudest talkers at the bar (owners of stepped boats built by "Name" builders).....and told what he has done wrong. (Something which they are ill suited to address, given that they have 11 more hours of high speed boating experience than the newbie himself...and advanced cases of Cirossis of the liver)

Stage III...... Post Newbie...now proud owner of boat #2....... makes headlines as he barrel rolls on a ferry wake that he "didn't see" . He emerges unscathed, but 16 year old female passenger is tossed into a bridge abuttment and
scarred for life....... Boat driver is quoted as saying...."Everything was great and then I realised I was under water"......

Stage IV...... Realizing that the boat in the accident had steps....... local bar patrons climb all over each other to attend the insurance auction where the now separated hull and deck bring a fraction of the list price....

Stage V...... Rechristened "The Phoenix"...the hull in IV above stuffs on a roller in Jones Beach inlet during an incoming tide..... Witnesses claim that the "bottom seemed to fall out" right before the boat disappeared from view. The owner stated ...."Everything was great and then I realised I was under water"...... The next day he files suit against the boat builder, the outdrive manufacturer, the trailer builder, and his brother in law who "built the motors" out of hardware stolen from a local marina during the previous winter.

Stage VI....... Armed with the settlement money the newly wealthy bottom feeder purchases a multicolored step bottom boat....... and enters his first Poker Run...which ends tragically after he falls between the 6 blade propeller equipped drives while attempting to get closer to the sound of his own exhaust.

T2x..............Trying to make some sense of it all for ya:p

Team V 04-05-2004 04:04 PM

Now that's the best thing I've read today!!!

ROTFLMAO :D :D :D :D

T2x 04-05-2004 05:18 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
Hey obsolete one. Isn't it time for your Jello and denture cleaning! :p :D :p :D
The Stages of Troutly's Law Enforcement Career.....

Stage I..........Was force fed Krispy Kreme until his ability to distinguish sweetness forever departed.

Stage II.....immediately afterward he was given "Blond recognition training" which allows him to single out and pull over attractive young ladies while clueless testosterone crazed single 18-21 year old males whiz recklessly by in various Japanese pocket rocket sedans.

Stage III....Learned "What's in the Bag"

Stage IV....... Realizes that all he can see through those mirrored sunglasses was his own eyes.

Stage V....... After various fruitless "sensitivity training" sessions...realized that the purpose of a night stick is to get someone's attention.

Stage VI ...Finally admits that he became a policeman because a girl he had a crush on at band camp told him he looked good in a uniform.

T2x.....trying to make some sense out of it all for ya:p