Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stepp (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74625-stepp.html)

Havasu Cig 04-05-2004 06:02 PM

Originally posted by Downtown42
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ight=winnebago

see post #9

I see one incident in the post, and I beleive this was the same Fountain we have heard about several times on the boards.

Any others with First hand knowledge?

Miller 04-05-2004 09:15 PM

Originally posted by T2x
The Stages of Troutly's Law Enforcement Career.....

Stage I..........Was force fed Krispy Kreme until his ability to distinguish sweetness forever departed.

Stage II.....immediately afterward he was given "Blond recognition training" which allows him to single out and pull over attractive young ladies while clueless testosterone crazed single 18-21 year old males whiz recklessly by in various Japanese pocket rocket sedans.

Stage III....Learned "What's in the Bag"

Stage IV....... Realizes that all he can see through those mirrored sunglasses was his own eyes.

Stage V....... After various fruitless "sensitivity training" sessions...realized that the purpose of a night stick is to get someone's attention.

Stage VI ...Finally admits that he became a policeman because a girl he had a crush on at band camp told him he looked good in a uniform.

T2x.....trying to make some sense out of it all for ya:p

Tonight, you are really showing some wit and humor. Better not use it all up on this thread...afterall at your AGE, you might not have many more nights where you're this funny. Best not waste them all at once! :D:D

T2x 04-06-2004 08:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Miller
Tonight, you are really showing some wit and humor. Better not use it all up on this thread...afterall at your AGE, you might not have many more nights where you're this funny. Best not waste them all at once! :D:D
Thanks...but I had to "Stepp" in here as the post was becoming redundant and silly..... I decided it needed a change in tone....plus Steve Stepp is a friend of mine.... and was an amazing outboard racer.

One point of clarification.......Velocity is credited on this thread with creating the first "offshore" pad bottom in 1978....and , of course, Paul Allison put pads on vee bottom OPC boats in 1965............ The "pad" boat below.... was developed in 1975........ and competed in Offshore racing.....................

T2x ;)

T2x 04-06-2004 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Current derivatives of the Challenger/Shadow hull are running over 100 mph with outboard power..............

They'd be slower with steps..............and wouldn't turn as well.

T2x

T2x 04-06-2004 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Try this with today's "technology".....

Sadly, we too often confuse a "fad" with a technological improvement. I include steroids, crystal meth, hip hop, warehouse stores, and steps in that category.

This photo was taken a LOOONG time ago..........................

T2x

Caincando1 04-06-2004 10:02 AM

Some of the best reading in a long time. Compliments of T2x of course. :D Thank you once again.

So just how long is that rooster tail?

Brian

Miller 04-06-2004 10:13 AM

Originally posted by T2x
Try this with today's "technology".....

Sadly, we too often confuse a "fad" with a technological improvement. I include steroids, crystal meth, hip hop, warehouse stores, and steps in that category.

This photo was taken a LOOONG time ago..........................

T2x

I would probably say Hip Hop and wharehouse stores are a matter of taste not truly a fad. But, I agree on all the other points.

On a personal note, when is SkaterFest? If you haven't heard, I left NYC late last week for the time being and am preparing to depart for the Middle East to assist in the rebuilding and reconstruction efforts. Don't know if I'll take an Iraq or Afghan posting as I'm still negotiation MOUs (basically a 12-month contract in stock form). Too bad we never had sushi. But, I will get 6 weeks off and several return tickets to the US. I'm thinking I might like to win the "most miles traveled" award at the next SkaterFest if I can.

T2x 04-06-2004 11:08 AM

Originally posted by Caincando1
Some of the best reading in a long time. Compliments of T2x of course. :D Thank you once again.

So just how long is that rooster tail?

Brian

I estimate it at 400 feet...........

And thank you too......

T2x

T2x 04-06-2004 11:10 AM

Originally posted by Miller
I would probably say Hip Hop and wharehouse stores are a matter of taste not truly a fad. But, I agree on all the other points.

On a personal note, when is SkaterFest? If you haven't heard, I left NYC late last week for the time being and am preparing to depart for the Middle East to assist in the rebuilding and reconstruction efforts. Don't know if I'll take an Iraq or Afghan posting as I'm still negotiation MOUs (basically a 12-month contract in stock form). Too bad we never had sushi. But, I will get 6 weeks off and several return tickets to the US. I'm thinking I might like to win the "most miles traveled" award at the next SkaterFest if I can.

No plans for Skaterfest at present....Maybe it will be in Michigan as part of "Smoke on The Water" Poker Run..

Right now the top priority is Doug Lewis' health.

Good luck in the Middle East..... Maybe you should reconsider.....

We'll do Sushi the next time you come through....that's a promise.

T2x

Miller 04-06-2004 11:58 AM

I'm going to hold you to that promise.

I hope Doug improves soon. We need more people like him in this world.

No way I'm reconsidering. If we don't rebuild and help turn the tide in the Middle East, the terrorists will step into the vacuum and mold the next generation. So, to stop me they'll have to kill me. But, I will take all precautions possible as I plan to return unscathed.