If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enjoy the show VIP Member Ron P's Avatar
    The Joisey Shore
    I bet any company that makes cemetery head stones could make anything you want. www.rocko***

I'd list the company names after a brief description of the industry that he started. Maybe T2x can write it for you.

I wouldn't mention any individual names or how he died. That would only detract from the man himself.

I agree, a plaque on a rock just isn't enough. You should approach the city of Miami for the funds. Don's boats have a lot to do with Miami's heritage.

Boston, Ma
    This would look pretty darn good carved out of granite with a bronze plaque on the base.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Member Platinum Member CigDaze's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Originally posted by impulsive
    This would look pretty darn good carved out of granite with a bronze plaque on the base.
    It sure would!

Variations on a theme...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Gold Member DoTheMath's Avatar
    Ma. / Lake Winni., NH
    Cool variations Daze!

Platinum Member Platinum Member Tom A.'s Avatar
    My Boats:
    Necessary Evil .............Donzi 38 ZrComp.............
    New Jersey
    Brownie, I agree with the above on the classic Aronow photo. I am thinking A bronze statue made from that photo (the Figure 1 &1/2 scale) standing on a granite base with the names and former addresses of all the companies engraved in the base. The top of the granite base could be cut to look like waves.

Just my Ideas....I'm glad to know that something will be done!

Tom A.
    No Beak, No Bustle, No Bull. Donzi 38 ZRC

My Boats:
    2004 Gladiator
    Ft. Lauderdale FL. USA
    Originally posted by Troutly
    Be sure to consult the family. I would think his son would like some input into this. I know if it were me I would
    Exactly.........I have spoken with Michael when this thing was in the very early stages....Bobby emailed me and told me that he was going to approach Brownie with the idea since he has recently introduced his plaques memorializing 188th St. I really like his design and think that with something a little more personalized for Don, that it will be very nice......Michael Aronow was all for the idea......however, final approval for any design should be left to Mike and his brother David I would think.......of course that is just my opinion...........

Blaine, TN
    How about making it look like a "Big Book" Bronze or Stone.Or Bronze on Stone. With those other ideas embossed in the Cover. Obviously, The Book Would be Closed. It could look like a Big Scrapbook. It Certainly was "One Hell Of A Book" A great part of History.

My Boats:
    1986 Century Coronado-Cardell
    I think a bronze plaque will get stolen. They get sold for scrap here. Do it in aluminum or stone. Even alum will get unbolted and taken home. final answer---Stone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12