Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How Fast? 2003 Baja 33 Outlaw w/496HO's (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74798-how-fast-2003-baja-33-outlaw-w-496hos.html)

97BossHammer 03-23-2004 09:51 AM

Hey Dave.....I take it that your hoping to possibly blow by him with your smaller boat?

Dave1972 03-23-2004 09:57 AM

97Boss,

I already do blow by him...he's trying to tell me a story that he was radared at 82MPH or something crazy. I know I'm faster and I also know that I'm smaller. Is a great boat either way, just needed a little fuel to add to the fire if you know what I mean.;)

97BossHammer 03-23-2004 10:07 AM

oh yeah I hear ya :) it's rare that it happens but i'm grinning ear to ear when I blow by a bigger boat, gives me my 5 minutes of fame :)

JTB 03-23-2004 10:17 AM

Originally posted by dreamer
why argue? who cares its a baja:rolleyes:

btw i sea trialed a t/s 30 cig w/ t496ho and it ran 79 on gps

33 baja no step 75+? no f#$$$% way

Dude, its comments like this that aggravate me about this board. I always thought we were here "for the love of the sport", when I read remarks such as this one I have to question that. I just bougt a 2000 Baja 232 and am anxiously awaitng its arrival. I am as proud and as tickled as can be. I bought with in my means. So when you say "Who Cares".... I DO

Dave1972 03-23-2004 10:22 AM

JTB,
I understand your frustration with the board. I sometimes am surprised by the antics that go on within this board as well. As for name brand bashing, It will be around forever. Just like the Ford guys that rag on the GM guys or Dodge guys.....I'm not into any of that and I don't have the little ugly kid sticker p*ssing on a Ford logo in the back window of my truck either. As long as you are happy, who else matters? (besides the wife? :))

cigarette1 03-23-2004 10:34 AM

Originally posted by JTB
Dude, its comments like this that aggravate me about this board. I always thought we were here "for the love of the sport", when I read remarks such as this one I have to question that. I just bougt a 2000 Baja 232 and am anxiously awaitng its arrival. I am as proud and as tickled as can be. I bought with in my means. So when you say "Who Cares".... I DO
You don't even have your boat yet and you are showing signs of some kind of complex. The sensitive type don't last long around here.

The love of the sport (high performance offshore boating) includes trash talk. We spend lotsa coin to beat the next guy. This is not a love fest, there are many hardcore performance boaters here.

But, you're in luck. There is a place for you if you can't handle the machchismo, where love and peace is the rule ...

Sack Up or Pack Up

:D

JTB 03-23-2004 10:34 AM

I hear ya brother. Did not mean to bring the thread down but I just get tired of reading that crap! BTW, the wife is very happy so this should be a good summer:cool: :D :D :D

cigarette1 03-23-2004 10:38 AM

JTB,

I'm glad you took it the right way :cool:

No harm, no foul.

G

boss252 03-23-2004 10:51 AM

Hey Dave. Why don't you get a hand held gps and go for a ride with him?

JTB 03-23-2004 10:59 AM

Originally posted by cigarette1
You don't even have your boat yet and you are showing signs of some kind of complex. The sensitive type don't last long around here.

The love of the sport (high performance offshore boating) includes trash talk. We spend lotsa coin to beat the next guy. This is not a love fest, there are many hardcore performance boaters here.

But, you're in luck. There is a place for you if you can't handle the machchismo, where love and peace is the rule ...

Sack Up or Pack Up

:D

Trash talk is one thing, bashing is another. If you dont agree, I dont care. Just thought I would give my opinion about it. Its all good. Later