Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pontiac Grand Prix GTP???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74844-pontiac-grand-prix-gtp.html)

Formula Outlaw 03-23-2004 06:32 AM

Originally posted by hp500efi
I had a 98 GTP for about 4 years and overall it was a nice car. I used premium fuel for the most part.

Car held together and needed only tires :)

Probably because you were too busy "posting pictures" and never driving the car............................................... .

Team V 03-23-2004 07:13 AM

I've been driving a 2000 Booneville with the supercharged engine and burning 87.... no problems at all.

THEJOKER 03-23-2004 07:38 AM

You should ride in my 1971 GP w/ a 455 cubic inch motor. Something you'd never forget! BH

ChrisK 03-23-2004 08:25 AM

I had a 98 GTP.. Never had any issues with the car... ran great, looked good... I would buy another one with no hesitation. It was my 2nd one also, Traded in the black one for a silver one when we came to FL because of the heat down here. The first was a 95.

wannabe 03-23-2004 08:46 AM

Mpally

What year is the Grand Prix?

These cars have knock sensors, and the owners manual will tell you what to use.

You can use 87 octane for a short time even if it says to use 91, the sensor will retard the ignition your gas mileage and performance will suffer.

The 2004 is on an all new platform, the older ones were on the old W car platform. When you got a good one they were great, if not they could be a POS.

Troutly, you cops will burn a car up in half the time an average person will. GM did studies on this with the Mich State Police years ago. No Offense, the reason there are "Police Packages" is to put heavy duty drivetrains in the vehicles for the hard driving and extreme conditions.

Wannabe

97BossHammer 03-23-2004 09:41 AM

THEJOKER - 71 GP w/455....cool!!! boy I sure miss cars like that.

FunHome 03-23-2004 10:57 AM

We have a 2001 GTP that my wife drives, we haven't had any problems to date and it has just over 40k miles. She always runs 91 octane and she doesn't drive it very hard, but when I get a chance I love to drive it!! It's pretty darn quick!!

Ours is a White, 4 door and we might be interested in selling here soon!! I'll see what we need out of it!!

I'd buy another one but I don't like the new look they have. But, the new gauge cluster is Cool, It's kinda like a Monster Gaffric Speedo and Tach!!!!

PatriYacht 03-23-2004 12:54 PM

Donna just got a 2004 gt with a 3.8. Great car! Much better than the older ones. It is silent on the expressway at 85-95. Donna was knitting in the passenger seat on a trip to Chicago at those speeds. Didn't bother her a bit. Suspension is pretty stiff so we're expecting some of those rattles to show up.

hp500efi 03-23-2004 01:08 PM

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw
Probably because you were too busy "posting pictures" and never driving the car............................................... .

:D :D :D

HyperBaja 03-23-2004 02:02 PM

Re: Mpally

Originally posted by wannabe
What year is the Grand Prix?

These cars have knock sensors, and the owners manual will tell you what to use.

You can use 87 octane for a short time even if it says to use 91, the sensor will retard the ignition your gas mileage and performance will suffer.

The 2004 is on an all new platform, the older ones were on the old W car platform. When you got a good one they were great, if not they could be a POS.

Troutly, you cops will burn a car up in half the time an average person will. GM did studies on this with the Mich State Police years ago. No Offense, the reason there are "Police Packages" is to put heavy duty drivetrains in the vehicles for the hard driving and extreme conditions.

Wannabe

I test drove the 04 Comp G.... I love paddle shifters. I need an Enzo.

Friend has a GTP, new pulley, and exhaust, fun little econo box, he drives the piss out of it, his last ticket was 117/65. No problems with it now, but only has 22k on it, he has put 4k of those on it.