If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Platinum Member Charter Member
    My Boats:
    so. WI
    Originally posted by THEJOKER
    You should ride in my 1971 GP w/ a 455 cubic inch motor. Something you'd never forget! BH
    I'm an 'old-school Pontiac guy- my first car was a '65 GTO tri-power convertible 4-speed. Had a '69 Judge with the Ram Air IV and a M-22. Now have a '69 convertible I'm restoring. I worked for PMD as a rep in the late 70's, and IMHO, the Grand Prix hasn't been built since 1977. Something to do with size, hood length, plastic, body cladding, fwd etc.

mpally- I realize you are looking for something that will get you some gas mileage over driving a truck. I used to drive GM, but have had so many fall apart on me in the last couple of decades, I won't own another late model.
    I now drive a VW Jetta wagon with the TDI engine. I drive 150 miles round trip to work (highway miles in/out to Chicago, and am getting 40+ mpg. An amazing little car for a diesel, and it's performance is very surprising.
    Very safe, German made, and fun.

For those Grand Prix drivers, for less than $10K (if you are patient in your search) you can buy one of the SMOOTHEST rides ever designed by a Detroit company. I had a bunch of them from '69-'72's, and they are my favorite car next to the GTO.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cudjoe Key, FL USA
    My sister drives a 2001 (or 2002) GT. POS. Brakes, transmission, electrical (headlights go out mysteriously when they feel like it) water leaks in trunk and interior, etc. etc. I wouldn't wish one on anyone.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234