Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT Car buy back???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74899-ot-car-buy-back.html)

Audiofn 03-23-2004 03:31 PM

OT Car buy back????

We have had our Saab 9.3 for almost a year. Put 25,000+ miles on it. There have been some small issues with the passanger seat, and a more significant issue with the tranny. They tried to replace the tranny but the issue was still there.... (my guess was and still is computer). At any rate the dealership wants to buy the car back and put us in a new one. Anyone familiar with how this works??? I am kind of bummed as other then the funk in the tranny we loved the car.

Jon

CigDaze 03-23-2004 03:50 PM

If you've had significant trouble with the car, ie multiple trips servicing the same thing and lost time, there should not be an issue getting a clear trade. If you're dealer's any good, they shouldn't have a problem with it. If you're getting a new car, no cost to you, it's a no-brainer.

However, if they try to stiff you with some bullchit depreciated NADA value, keep the car, wait for a third incident to occurr and lemon law it...Don't let them skirt that issue.

Cord 03-23-2004 03:53 PM

The dealer WANTS to do this? Usually you have to fight to get them to do this.

CigDaze 03-23-2004 03:59 PM

Originally posted by Cord
That's what I was thinking at first, too. But if it's already been twice for the same problem and they KNOW a third time is coming up quick, they could be trying to get out by buying it back for less.

rainmn 03-23-2004 04:03 PM

Originally posted by Cord
Exactly what I was thinking, although I'm not surprised. We also had a 9.3, and it was the best experience I've ever had with a car. From buying it (Leasing, actually) to any service it ever needed, to the day we returned it, I had nothing but praise for the dealer.
I've owned a ton of cars and trucks, foreign and domestic, and not one of the dealers could hold a candle to the customer service we got from the Saab dealer.
Right now I'm trying to talk my wife into a 9.5 wagon.

Audiofn 03-23-2004 04:17 PM

Yes the dealer pushed it through for us. Technically the car falls under lemon law for a few things so they probably see the end is near and decided to try and cut it off at the pass. Also this way I am guessing that maybe car fax will not get to ding the car?

Clear trade would be super but I am not that hopefull as the new car would be a 2004 and mine was a 2003.... Anyone have any info on that?

Jon

Audiofn 03-23-2004 04:19 PM

Oh ya other then not being able to fix the problem I am VERY happy with my treatment thus far. They have us driving around in a brand new 9.5 loaner for the last 3 weeks while they try and figure everything out.

Jon

Cord 03-23-2004 04:49 PM

Originally posted by Audiofn
[B]Clear trade would be super but I am not that hopefull as the new car would be a 2004 and mine was a 2003....B]

I'm thinking that this is where their interest really lies. Another sale.

CAP071 03-23-2004 05:21 PM

I'm wondering what you will be offered for the car?

Jan 03-24-2004 06:41 AM

Toyota bought my mother in-law's Corolla back last year. Hers was a 2002 and they put here in a 2003 with a few more options for the same price of the 02. They let her order the new car and gave her a demo while she waited for the new car to be built.

Jan