Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bought a New Home Today!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74944-bought-new-home-today.html)

Ms PatriYacht 03-26-2004 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of our house that we built. I am proud of it because we contracted it ourselves, & because Mr P did much of the work. In addition to working 58 hrs a week at GM, Ian still managed to do all the insulation, install the wood floors, paint, put in the sprinkler system, the sod, and landscaping. He also built the deck, the paver brick walks and installed the bolder sea wall, all by himself. So forgive me for bragging about Mr P, (he will kill me if he sees this post) but I think he does not know how much I appreciate him. The long hours he has put in on this house is the only reason we can live here. Thanks honey.

Ms PatriYacht 03-26-2004 01:33 PM

we're closing on the 8th...and this is the view from my back yard :) Can't wait move in...cant put in a navy bulkhead or a liftt, but we think they'll let us build a low sill and a dock...

Very nice looking area, what town will you be living in. It will be good to know where all the hot boats are when we visit my folks on the Island :D :D :D :D

Good luck with the move, it's funny you guys call it a bulk head, we call it a sea wall even though we are on a lake:confused:

Hey how did these posts get so big???????????

WetKitty42 03-26-2004 06:06 PM

Sean,

Where on LI are you?

epeek 03-26-2004 09:11 PM

Ms.P Nice house, and especially nice to see a women
who appreciates her man. Its extra special when you do
alot of the work yourself. Every time you walk by your
hard work,it seems all that much better doesn't it ?

WetKitty42 03-26-2004 10:18 PM

Originally posted by Ms PatriYacht
we're closing on the 8th...and this is the view from my back yard :) Can't wait move in...cant put in a navy bulkhead or a liftt, but we think they'll let us build a low sill and a dock...

Very nice looking area, what town will you be living in. It will be good to know where all the hot boats are when we visit my folks on the Island :D :D :D :D

Good luck with the move, it's funny you guys call it a bulk head, we call it a sea wall even though we are on a lake:confused:

Hey how did these posts get so big???????????

Thanks Mrs. P.

Give us all a shout when ya on Da Island...

NJgr8ful 03-27-2004 05:55 PM

NICE!

1 Attachment(s)
Congrats to you and the wife, Fred. Welcome to the waterfront you (former) land lubber :p Did you buy / decide on a new rig yet? I see the Chief avatar????

tripps 03-27-2004 06:16 PM

Oh boy, am I lucky,another new oso'er that lives 10 minutes from me by boat,so thats the power of OSO. My other new OSO'er is on the Fountain site and lives 1 minute by boat from me!! Massapequa is Very Nice, good luck there and one more thing,did you ever go to the corner galley to eat?? Tripps

GO4BROKE 03-28-2004 06:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice houses all! I'm in the planning and organizing stages of building on my lake property. It will be between this summer or 3 years from now, but it's going to happen! Just getting all my ducks in a row. At least we can still use the property, I have a nice dock and the cottage may be ugly, but it's comfortable and has a nice view.

OBTW whats a navy bulkhead?

WetKitty42 03-28-2004 10:11 PM

Thanks guys.

NJ,

No boat yet.. Waiting to close on the Tiger first. With the new home in place and I still own my current Water Front home on Long Island, somethins gotta give.

No Boatie until I sell my current Housie... ( wifes rules), but rules were made to be broken:p :p

GO4BROKE 03-29-2004 06:51 AM

Just threaten to sell both houses and spend real money on a new boat!:eek: All of a sudden anything else you want will seem reasonable!;)