Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Biggus gets thrashed by the ignorant... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74979-biggus-gets-thrashed-ignorant.html)

bajabob38 03-24-2004 04:06 PM

Originally posted by Sydwayz
Bunch of uptight pompus as$holes.

I agree 100%

mopower 03-24-2004 05:52 PM

Gorgeous place but they are a bunch of whiners ( or should it be winers:D :D )
They ain't happy unless they're bitshing about something over there .
And the lake front property owners obviously believe they own the lake too. Boats are too big , boats are too fast , bikes are too loud , bike week's to crowded , jetskis are dangerous and polluting. Just have to ignore the 1/2 dozen a holes on the forum and enjoy yourself. I missed last year but hope to make the 400 mile trek again this year , probably late July like SS930. Hey guy , where you stay? I'm usually at the NASWA:cool:

Bajabob38, after seeing the water up there , you'd want to whiz in the Delaware(if you already don't):D :D

GLH 03-24-2004 05:57 PM

They did not post my response ??? :D

mopower 03-24-2004 05:59 PM

Originally posted by GLH
They did not post my response ??? :D
Yeah , one of mine didn't get passed the webmaster too:crazy:

McGary911 03-24-2004 06:14 PM

I bought my Donzi near a small lake just north of Winni(on the Maine border) , and dragged it back to Jersey. Guess they had a party with 1 less go-fast that was going to be on the lake. I could still visit :D

mopower 03-24-2004 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by craig223
Maybe it's a good year to have an OSO get together on Lake Winni!!!:)
I'm Game:) Lets go:cool:

GLH 03-24-2004 07:53 PM

Actually they posted it!!!!

--------

Have fun Biggus,

My boat only goes 80mph but I do have an extra 4 feet on you. Those extra four feet really smooth out the ride running over those pesky kayaks and 18' family cuddies.

I’m wondering why they let those smaller boats on the lake? Seems they should have a minimum size required or something it would be a lot safer, if you’d have a 30’ minimum on the lake there would be a lot less boat on the Lake, a lot less accidents, the boats left would be visible and create a lot less pollution.

I guess those people with smaller boats, kayaks and sail boats have the right to use the lake too or else it would be unfair to target single groups for exclusion. That wouldn’t be in the American spirit to exclude people because of the different matters in which they pursue happiness, would it?

Care Biggus.

GLH 03-24-2004 07:57 PM

Originally posted by craig223
Maybe it's a good year to have an OSO get together on Lake Winni!!!:)
Don't waste your time that pond is a mess on WE come to Champlain instead they leave us alone and there's 120 mile long of lake to play with.

DoTheMath 03-24-2004 08:38 PM

You guys are killin' me!!:D :D I feel like I opened up Pandora's box with this...;) :)

So, as a waterfront property owner, (been going there since I was 10 mo. old) we are not ALL of the ilk that we own the whole lake, just most of it! (hehe). And I agree that there are a bunch of whiners over there, but the majority, > 50% are very good people. And the water is beautiful, I'm not sure what the pissing in the Delaware comment was all about, guess I need to go to the Delaware River and see?;) Unless it was about the water at the Naswa, that is kinda gnarly down that way, but with 200 people cocked and too lazy to walk to the can, what do you expect? Thank god that's at the end with the dam and the outlet...

The point is, if we went to to Lake George or Champlain or where ever and tore the place up, Shane would have to be trading in his Skater for a Jon Boat with a 4-stroke 10hp. Merc. on it, and GL' would be chasing us with the 42' doing his best Walking Tall impersonation. :D The slam on Biggus wasn't about the noise so much as the assumption that ALL performance boaters must be irresponsible A$$holes that drive out of control all the time, and we all KNOW that is the exception, not the rule - right boys!? I love that lake like you Florida folks love the keys, and as much as prob. most inland boaters are partial to their lakes and rivers. We do need to do our best to preserve the waterways so our kids can enjoy them like we have. At the same time I am not saying that the clowns that slammed Big. were right, as you read it they were waaaay off base thinking that just cuz he has a big Cig. he MUST go around looking to swamp every kayak he can find.

We all have our place in the boating community, and I like to flip-off the blow-boater that just gave me the finger for "disturbing" his quiet time as much as the next guy, but that makes me just as bad thinking that my way is the only way to go boating. (Ok, so we know more or less that it is, but it would be wrong to admit that in this thread...):)

So, the moral to my story that I am SURE I will take heat for, play nice in the sandbox with the big toys so you do not perpetuate the rep. of that "big bad irresponsible owner of one of them big cigarette boats".

Damn, after all that... is it Spring yet!?!?!? I have a lake and small children to go out and terrorize!! ;) :D :D

Biggus 03-24-2004 08:45 PM

WOW! How about that!!!! :D

GLH, dude you kill me!!!! :D

I just take it with a grain of salt..

My wife and I are seasoned boaters of all forms (excluding sail) :D and the boating season up here is short. We choose to run a vessel that can handle whatever the conditions might be at any given time. :D and we are said to be irresponsible and reckless.

Kurt

:cool: