Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Biggus gets thrashed by the ignorant... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74979-biggus-gets-thrashed-ignorant.html)

mopower 03-24-2004 09:34 PM

Dothemath,
The comment about whizzing in the Delaware was nothing bad about Winni. It's just that the Delaware is full of junk , logs , RR ties , tires (and wheels) and your lucky to see your ankles when in knee deep water:eek: .
High speed boating can be good training for a slalom course:D. So in other words , next to Winnipesaukee our Delaware River in a toilet:( .
Case in point...I can leave my Formula in for a week at the NASWA and the bottoms still white. Four hours in the Delaware and it comes out with a brown stain that will not just wash off:crazy:

blownincome 03-25-2004 06:10 AM

Do the Math...
I have Been on the lake Since I was a Kid Also... I try not to read the Winni Forum Cause I get So P.O. I cant see straight..Sorry to see Biggus Getting Trashed As All of us do on that site..Also they were taking shots at Mark(low Blows)aka summa..... They All Can pack up there Kayaks and go to Winnisquam and there attitudes...
As The WinniKLakers site Has done It at least allowed us to band together.. The Offshore boats 25-?? feet are not the problem up there its the lac of knowledge the other boaters have most of us with bigger boats have come up through the ranks to what we have now.. the rental boats and jet skis on the weekends are and always will be the problem up there!!oh ya and the marine patrol ... Dont get me started.....
Im with you on this one all the way!!!

blownincome 03-25-2004 07:30 AM

Name the time

Originally posted by craig223
Maybe it's a good year to have an OSO get together on Lake Winni!!!:)
I can be there In 1 hr .. Name the time and place....
Anytime is good with me!!:D

DoTheMath 03-25-2004 08:59 AM

mopower~ Thanks for clearing up the Delaware thing, sounds a bit "suspect" down that way as far as water quality goes...:eek: :)

Blown~ Yeah brotha, I hear ya... it's not the performance boaters, it's the tree huggers, Kayakers, and folks with the 15' Alumacrafts that ***** the most, and most of it is based on lack of knowledge or one bad apple that tainted their opinion. And just for the record, I have seen Marc - "Summa" do a few things on the water that even I have trouble digesting, but all in all he's ok.;) And I agree with you on the structure of that forum, it is ridiculous what the people on it and the moderator say and do, they make it out to be for "all" but if you own a boat over 24' and it can do better then 50 mph, you are not welcome to talk about it unless you want to get thrashed.

Let me know when you are up with your boat in the water and we'll hook up for a drink or two and we can talk all about the lake lice, the boat rental freaks (who are the only ones that can get through the witches without a scratch btw :rolleyes: :D ) and the cream of the crop... the lake patrol! Ohhh, the stories we can swap I am sure! I'm right outside Center Harbor, easy by water! I think an OSO get together would be a blast.

-Mark-

blownincome 03-25-2004 09:24 AM

as summer gets here I will PM ya when we are on the water and we can hook up at the Naz or at your house sounds good. An OSO Poker run would be a blast I think(something to talk about) get Audio and Biggus and the rest (Animalhouse!!!!) That Will leave and impression
Latter
Bob :D

chriscraft240 03-25-2004 09:38 AM

WOW.I was thinking on going up for a weekend this summer just to check out the lake. Now I'm waiting for the OSO party and bringing the boat. Could be interesting to say the least.

mopower 03-25-2004 03:35 PM

Yeah , I was kinda thinking the last week of July , then shoot over to Champlain for the Milk Run 7/31 and back to Jersey 8/1. You gotta get outta there before the weekend , it's a freakin madhouse:eek:

Pantera1 03-25-2004 04:09 PM

38 summers on Winni.. One thing is for sure ..The lake has gone from a fairly quiet summer retreat with a few old chris crafts, cantury's and skiffs running around to a full on fiberglass circus on the weekends .. Alot of people "especialy old yankees" hate change !
The MP's are mostly colledge kids ..
One time while pulled over at the wiers for the show me you life jackets routine ..A pair of jet skis , one on either side of us and both less than 20 feet away at full throttle soaked us and the cop ..He looked up then continued to herass me for nothing (routine safety check ) I asked him if he was going to do anything ..he said to please show him my fire extinguisher.. I couldn't believe it .. I pulled my regi from his hand and told him if he didnt see anything wrong with that picture than he no longer needed to be wasting my time, and left ..He started yelling and turned on his blue ..but guess what the cop boats dont go 80 .. Bub bye

Chart 03-25-2004 04:21 PM

It's only 1200 miles from St. Louis to Lake Wini, and I'd love to see that part of the country and admire it's beauty from the helm of an over-powered offshore killing machine. But after we've tweaked their noses, and then gone home, Biggus and others are left with an even more angry group of self-righteous #^*$^@ers. While I'm not into appeasement, and enjoy antagonizing the intentionally stupid, let's let the local OSOers decide if we should take over the lake for a weekend.

Sure does sound like fun, though.

BTW - Maybe Too Old could trailer his boat up there to prove not all big offshore boats go fast... or at all!:D For the record, I'd suggest the same of AudioFN's boat, but without stringers, it really should not be trailered.:eek:

SS930 03-25-2004 08:47 PM

Originally posted by mopower
probably late July like SS930. Hey guy , where you stay? I'm usually at the NASWA:cool:
Like I said, I'm likely heading up the last week of July or the first week of Aug. I've stayed at many places including NASWA. This summer I'm going to check out this place (a fellow boater recommended it)...
http://www.christmasresort.com/
I heard it's really basic, but what sounds nice about it is they have their own ramp, slips, and trailer storage... and it's right on P. Bay. It sounds really convenient and the price is cheap enough. I'm not sure how large of a boat this place can accept, but since I'm just bringing my little boat this place will workout fine for me.

Let me know if you guys want to get together during this time frame.:cool: