Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boating on Lake George??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74992-boating-lake-george.html)

outer42 03-25-2004 07:26 AM

shane
I'm think i'm coming up in july to camp after the outerlimits poker run. Do you think i can run my boat on the lake?

Shane 03-25-2004 09:31 AM

Originally posted by outer42
shane
I'm think i'm coming up in july to camp after the outerlimits poker run. Do you think i can run my boat on the lake?

Outer42,

Absolutely. You may need some clamp on mufflers. Call me and we can arrange it. Depending on when you are coming, you can stay with me.

Shane

Panther 03-25-2004 11:03 AM

Shane, I don't have mufflers. Do you think I will have a problem. I am pushing about 550hp per side.

Thanks

Panther

Shane 03-25-2004 11:10 AM

Originally posted by Panther
Shane, I don't have mufflers. Do you think I will have a problem. I am pushing about 550hp per side.

Thanks

Panther

Panther,

Is it straight exhaust or silent choice/captains call? If straight...likely you will. Shutting down the noise coming in to the docks is wise. Out in the middle it is unlikely you will have a problem.

Tantrum 03-25-2004 11:47 AM

Originally posted by formulaz583
He's gone now, so no longer an issue
Do tell :eek:

Has anybody talked to Chuck? Is he incarcerated? He did say he was going to do terrible things to Mr Dunn but I didnt think he was going to go through with it.
:crazy:

Shane 03-25-2004 01:02 PM

Originally posted by formulaz583
He's gone now, so no longer an issue
Not so FAST there formulaz583...remember, the WC Sherriff has 2 Marine Patrol Units! Let's hope Dunn doesn't end up on one!:rolleyes: :eek: :hothead: :mad:

Panther 03-25-2004 01:51 PM

Thanks Shane,

I don't have capt. call, silent choice etc, just straight exhaust. I think I am going to opt out with bringing the boat since I don't want my vacation to turn into an arguing session with the authorities......

We may just rent a boat for the weekend for fishing etc. I think it should be fun either way, but it would be nice to spend the vacation on my boat.

Shane 03-25-2004 01:53 PM

Well, if you come up boatless, you will NOT be HP BOATLESS! Just let me know as the time gets closer and we will get you out on the Skater and or the Formula.:)

mr_velocity 03-25-2004 01:56 PM

Thanks

Panther

In your dreams :D :D

mr_velocity 03-25-2004 01:58 PM

Thanks Leopaj,

I think my friends wanted to go there some time in July/August.

I'm not much of a fisherman so I was hoping I could do a little bit of boating as well. I may just need to bite the bullet just this once and use the rod and reel for the weekend. 30miles wide huh? I could cover the whole lake in the AM with my boat.

I wonder if they have noise ordinances because it is a national park and all??

We're taking the cover off the Proline this weekend, stop by and we'll head out for some winter flatties.

If you have any fine thread 7/16 stainless nuts bring them too, there is only one bolt holding the motor on right now.