Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2nd Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/75025-2nd-lake-champlain-milk-run-saturday-july-31st.html)

GLH 06-02-2004 08:28 PM

Re: 2nd Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

Neil is right about the lauch.

GLH 06-02-2004 08:38 PM

Direction the the Peru ramp from Albany.

1. Take I-87 NORTH - go 137.3 mi
2. Take the Exit 34 exit - go 0.2 mi
3. Turn on ROUTE 9N - go 0.4 mi
4. ROUTE 9N becomes PLEASANT ST/ROUTE 9N - go 0.7 mi
5. Continue on PLEASANT ST - go 0.3 mi
6. Continue on N AUSABLE ST/ROUTE 9 - go 0.9 mi
7. N AUSABLE ST/ROUTE 9 becomes ROUTE 9 - go 0.1 mi
8. Continue on ROUTE 9/STATE ROUTE 9 - go 0.4 mi
9. Continue on ROUTE 9 - go 2.6 mi
10. ROUTE 9 becomes ROUTE 9/STATE ROUTE 9 - go < 0.1 mi
11. ROUTE 9/STATE ROUTE 9 becomes STATE ROUTE 9 - go 2.2 mi

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=b...23&tcountry=us

powerguy 06-03-2004 07:45 AM

G.L - our pleasant (did I say that about G.L ? Must not be referring to his thoughts on kayak drivers) tour director

GLH 06-03-2004 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by powerguy
G.L - our pleasant (did I say that about G.L ? Must not be referring to his thoughts on kayak drivers) tour director

I like "reserved" please.

toolman 06-03-2004 08:39 PM

Thanks Neil and GLH,

Since it's such a long drive, maybe we'll come up friday and launch at Peru.

Can we stay on the boat at the Naked Turtle or should we anchor out somewhere? About how far is the turtle from the launch?

This is new territory for me so I appreciate all the help guys. Thanks.

Tool

powerguy 06-04-2004 07:08 AM

If you are attending the planing meeting on Friday it might be safer to stay at the Turtle. If you go to the Plattsburgh marina website there is a form for reserving dock space.

BandF 06-04-2004 02:35 PM

Count us in, 31Sonic, name Good Advice. Missed last year due to blown motor in 28 eliminator.

Thanks, Bruce and Fran

mopower 06-04-2004 03:23 PM

OK kiddy kiddys...it's getting serious now :mad:.
I can't locate a chart for the lake here in So. Jersey. The best I can do is the Hudson up to near Albany.
I'd like to familiarize myself a little before I get there(so I can kick some serious cat @ss and put some cigarettes out in the ash tray :D ).
ANYBODY know where I can get one...I think Toolman wants one too.
T.I.A.

BandF 06-04-2004 04:00 PM

Mopower, Why don't you call West Marine and order them. You might want to call the one in So. Burlington. I am sure they have them on the shelf. You could pobibly call the ship store at the turtle. There are two charts to the lake you best get them both. There is also a cruising guide to Lake Champlain. It is a great book if you plan on spending any time on the lake. And it is very accurate.

Good Luck.

mopower 06-04-2004 05:26 PM

Thanks B&F,
I figured that would get some attention , after two other requests went unanswered. I guess some people want to keep us out of staters at a disadvantage :D.
I'll be @ Winnipesaukee the week before , then hit Champlain on the way home Saturday.
Hate to be a PITA but what town is the turtle in , so when I call directory assist. I know where to tell them. Remember , I'm 418 south of Mallets Bay and have not even seen Champlain probably around 1956 :eek: and that was only one day. The water was SO d@mned cold we left and went over to Winnipesaukee again :(