Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2nd Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/75025-2nd-lake-champlain-milk-run-saturday-july-31st.html)

drypipetiger 06-07-2004 12:56 PM

Re: 2nd Lake Champlain Milk Run - Saturday July 31st

Houston propeller labbed my prop. So I'm going to purchase a temporary on Ebay or somewhere, and send mine back and Darin will drop 150 to 200 on the tach.

GLH 06-07-2004 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by bajaneil
..and upon returning began grinding the hull with a handheld grinder. Tough to watch.

I would sh!t right then and there seeing that done. Good thing you have a strong stomach!

outriggers 06-07-2004 01:10 PM

I was thinking about arriving on wed and staying with my in laws just north of the border in Hemmingford for a day or so. Is customs going to give me a hard time towing the boat across the border either way? Thanks, Doug

Kanookstr 06-07-2004 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by waterheater
Gotta cover all the bases hanging with you guys. Never hear the end of it if you dont:D
Mopower i have a chart you can have. Dont need it now

Waterheater, Till you run out of gas in two tanks.... :eek: :eek: . GLH will have you beat in that department....!!! :crazy: :D

Kanookstr 06-07-2004 01:52 PM

Well just got back Sat from the week on the lake. Had a good time.... Met a few new people, and Hung around with GL a couple times. Boat ran good, (Knock Knock) ran out of prop with 28" 4 guys and 5600 rpm (rev limit) Bigger prop should be in this week. Got caught in a Hail storm Thursday. that was wild, was able to fill the cooler when it was over. Thank God I had a cuddy and not a bow rider.:):) Will see you guys for 2 weeks come the end of July. :)

GLH 06-07-2004 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by outriggers
I was thinking about arriving on wed and staying with my in laws just north of the border in Hemmingford for a day or so. Is customs going to give me a hard time towing the boat across the border either way? Thanks, Doug

As long has you have your up to date documents, they have not given me any hardship. Been up twice with the 42 and after checking the docs they let me thru.

drypipetiger 06-07-2004 05:47 PM

I just recently crossed the border with the boat and trailer, with no problems.

Didn't even check any documents. Must be a New Yorker thing. Can't trust those Vermonters!

Neil

T2x 06-07-2004 06:00 PM

It looks like 2 or 3 36' Skaters are coming from Professional Marine.

Ray and Melanie Contreras are a definite go with Dave Scott's old record holder.....repowered with twin 525 HP's

Gary and Karen Bicker are a probable with the twin 900 SC powered "Danger Zone"

Bud Tresch is a possible with the twin 1050 naturally aspirated (Doug Lewis built)........ "On the Prowl"

This could be interesting.

T2x

GLH 06-07-2004 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by T2x
It looks like 2 or 3 36' Skaters are coming from Professional Marine.
Ray and Melanie Contreras are a definite go with Dave Scott's old record holder.....repowered with twin 525 HP's
Gary and Karen Bicker are a probable with the twin 900 SC powered "Danger Zone"
Bud Tresch is a possible with the twin 1050 naturally aspirated (Doug Lewis built)........ "On the Prowl"
This could be interesting.

Freakin Doc John will have to give himself a root canal to keep up with those beasts!!!!!!!

Nice to know T2x is working on expanding the speed limits on Champlain!

what with him being bald and all!

GLH 06-07-2004 06:38 PM

Oupps!!!! forgot NO SPEED or NOISE LIMITS on Lake Champlain!!!!!!
So no sweat involved on joining us on this little ride we are taking!!!!!
Anyone else want to come?