If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by LPA2106
    ...I will go through it the "12 STEP" program...

..I really don't know why stepped hulls fascinate me..and I have done several factory tours as I travel on business a lot and nobody obviously ever talks shop...quick tour...t-shirt and out the door...I actually learned the most while at a four-winns plant a few years to roll the resin and get my hands into it...

....would be great to have in water boat shows with those individuals "prequalified" to test run several boats...

....I did have a ride in Lake Michigan today in a non-stepped 38TG with "Hawk" engines" and I must agree that the boat is well behaved at all can ram it into's a great boat..not for sale..he got it from Pier 33 I think he said...he would never give it up..I have never been in a boat so solid and
    it offers a big margin for driver error...

next week my buddie in Bay City is gonna get his 10 meter out...and go out for a ride's got Whipple charged 502's I think.... ride is worth a thousand "threads" but you guys here know your boats...that's for sure...will be interesting to try this Fountain...90+

I went out on a few Scarabs and thought they were ok...I think the fun in buying a boat is in the a point of course..

...and if I am on anything it's just resin fumes...

take care!

You went out on Lake Michigan today? Good for you, did you run wide open? Ice could be an issue this time of year be careful a few minutes in that water and your a statistic.

Team Dysfunctional Charter Member Hot Boat's Avatar
    My Boats:
    28 Scarab, Blown 850+ Hp
    PUTNAM VALLEY, Hudson River Valley
    ....I have a degree in practice...and you guys got me on your sh#t list...know hydrothermodynamics to the tune of a PhD....thanks~'s lights and siren time

Just another engineer with a above average IQ. They all seem to speak some secret language that average people don't quite understand. LOL
    If it aint broke .... I can break it....

Guest was a chilling ride but no ice....and was my first time in that lake and man I was glad I was in a is big..sturdy and gives you a "safe" you are "in the boat" and a feeling of security...this fellow said not to plunk down a dime till getting behind the helm of a 41' Apache...he said he did once and it is something you buy and keep for life...he loves his Cig though and will not even consider anything else...he has been in Lake Superior on a pretty rough day when everybody was at I am taking his advice and gonna check out a few Apaches...he rode in several Formulas and Fountains and really likes them a lot....but he boats in Michgan and Superior and if the wind whips up his 38TG can really cut through it ...and the boat gets on top of crests nicely too....I boat a lot mostly in ST Clair and Cigs and Apaches are few and far bewteen...and I never thought I would be looking nationally for a boat...

What port did you go out of?

....most of the best designs of the best of engineers were ultimately a result of trial and error...and lots of errors...and I talked to a guy who has a 38' Formula without steps and he has pushed it to the max....and not even close to a spin I have to eat crow...I can see where Formula wants to be a bit more conservative...they have a "tried and true" product....and I have to admit fantastic quality period... know when all is said and done...and I will have to admit I am getting up on the learning curve now pretty good....I will probably be in a Cig or Apache...

...I like the Fountains a lot....and they are fantastic deals...but once in a 38'TG and like I's a different level of powerboat

I talked to a rep at Sterling as invite to come and tour...nice folks to be sure....what do the engineers I know who know of Sterling think? They think they sweat the details and have a great reputation in many different applications...

why the change of heart? I love hard fast turns...
    Last edited by LPA2106; 03-26-2004 at 09:06 PM.

What Port did you go out of today on Lake Michigan?

Morrison Channel...St.Joseph, MI

ice threat was low according to marina workers... here is Lake Michigan average ice coverage. This was for 1995...this year less...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LPA2106; 03-26-2004 at 09:44 PM.

My Boats:
    You can't boat on an ICE FLOW
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    So I have to ask myself......I am a new guy to offshore boating and this is the response I get..... I am not sure I would comeback for more.

I think I said that in one of the threads that LPA2106 started after getting lambasted.

We sure are a friendly bunch aren't we !!!

My Boats:
    1995 Nova Spyder
    Maximo FLA
    Originally posted by LPA2106 know when all is said and done...I will probably be in a Cig or Apache...I like the Fountains a lot...but once in a 38'TG and like I's a different level of powerboat

hey you better hope Reggie does not read this thread or you will get the AXE!

Morrison Channel...St.Joseph, MI

ice threat was low according to marina workers... here is Lake Michigan average ice coverage. This was for 1995...this year less...

You didn't have to give me the chart for the ice cover I was just curious where you went out. I am on the east coast of MI and we are going to be ready soon.

Good for you, hope you had a great ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast