Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   interesting apache (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/75141-interesting-apache.html)

wannabe 03-26-2004 02:43 PM

Panther

That's just one of the things that blows about eBay.

I think there are some sellers sometimes have phantom buyers bidding, that way they bid the price up. You as a buyer feel you are bidding against a legitimate buyer but don't know otherwise.

I think this happens rarely, but on a high ticket item could be expensive lesson. Rule is not to let emotion get you.

Wannabe

dyno 03-26-2004 03:53 PM

Heck the things got to be worth 90K....cost you 3 times that to build one!

IDRPSTF 03-26-2004 04:13 PM

cost you 3 times that to build one!
It doesnt work like that. The boat is very nice and 36's hold a strong value. they seem to sell for $85-100K actual value. Bolsters like that are made to look skinny, they hold you in tight in the snotty stuff. not the most comfortable, especially on hot days. But they keep you in the boat, and thats what counts.
What ever happened to the other apache on ebay with no reserve? Did it sell?

Neverfastenuf 03-26-2004 05:12 PM

Wannabe, wasn't your bid your bid on this boat last year higher than it sold for? I seem to remember you bidding fervently on the boat, or am I mistaken. Are you going to join the bidding wars again, or did the last episode sour you towards Ebay. Funny little tidbit regarding an Ebay transaction. A friend bid on a Bell Jet Ranger last year, the reserve was not reached. He was called 3 months later by the State of Connecticut, owner of the helicopter, and asked if he was still interested in purchasing it. He acknowledged that he was and made the purchase. Maybe the boats owner will contact you and you can purchase it for what you offered before. LOL Sam

SS930 03-26-2004 07:02 PM

Re: Neverfastenuf

Originally posted by wannabe
I think your right.

The 36 is like a Cafe or Top Gun, but w/ the full stagger is very tight in the cockpit.

Real value of this boat maybe in the breakup value. because I think this boat has limited appeal- Poker Run Crowd.
2 #6 wet sumps w/ trannys $15k ea ?
2 Paul Pfaff 850's w/ 20 hrs $18 k ea ?
1 Myco trailer $4 k
Bare Hull $ 10 k

Minus the A$$ache to pull all of it apart?

That tells me the most they can expect on Ebay is about $ 70k-74k

Wannabe

Hey, there's always that 36 Apache at Typhoon Performance that needs lots of work, has lesser drives, power, etc... and according to the seller, it's a solid 85K boat!:D:D:D Maybe he'll bid on this one, because by his standards this IS a 194K boat.:rolleyes:

wannabe 03-29-2004 07:08 AM

Neverfastenuf

Yep, the jerk dealer selling it in Wa. cancelled my bid. Considered me a "shill". I contacted him but he refused to reinstate.

Boat is up to $ 99k last I looked.

That would be great if it sold for a $ 100 k, a 12 year old boat though.

Wannabe

WARPAINT 03-29-2004 11:21 AM

I would buy this boat in a heartbeat.Anyone looking for a bad a$$ 36 Apache needs to go look at this boat.I am angry i even went to look at it yesterday.I know i will regret not taking the plunge:(

I could easily buy the boat but the wife said something about divorce and she works for an attorney:D

SS930 03-29-2004 11:45 AM

Does anyone know what the reserve is?

I was in until it got over 90K. I'm sure it's worth every penny of 100k, but the cockpit is a turnoff for me. Either way it's a damn nice boat!!!

WARPAINT 03-29-2004 11:59 AM

Originally posted by SS930
Does anyone know what the reserve is?

I was in until it got over 90K. I'm sure it's worth every penny of 100k, but the cockpit is a turnoff for me. Either way it's a damn nice boat!!!

850 Paul Pfaff's with 20 hours and #6's.I think the power and drivetrain alone are worth 100k;)

SS930 03-29-2004 12:08 PM

Panties,

Did you get the reserve amount from them when you looked at the boat?

I agree with you the boat is EASILY worth 100K, I just cant justify it.

The business end of that thing looks BAD AZZ!