Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Magnum resto update (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/75169-magnum-resto-update.html)

Comanche3Six 03-26-2004 06:14 PM

God bless your ambition, just looking at the work in the pics overwhelms me. I will be interested in seeing the finished product. Keep us posted.
Best of luck
Ed

Audiofn 03-26-2004 08:57 PM

Cool project. If you need any info on Gel Coat call up Mini Craft in Florida www.minicraft.com. They are the most knowledgeable gel guys that are out there. They also make a thinner that will spray out VERY smooth and leave you with little wet sanding.

Jon

magnum27 03-26-2004 09:10 PM

Originally posted by Audiofn
Cool project. If you need any info on Gel Coat call up Mini Craft in Florida www.minicraft.com. They are the most knowledgeable gel guys that are out there. They also make a thinner that will spray out VERY smooth and leave you with little wet sanding.

Jon

Thanks man, that is who I'm dealing with and yes they are the best guys in the industry. Roger helps men there all the time and is one of the nicest guys in the MARINE buisiness I have ever come across. Their product is top notch and their service is unbelievable!

magnum27 03-26-2004 09:17 PM

Originally posted by CigaretteFirefox
God bless your ambition, just looking at the work in the pics overwhelms me. I will be interested in seeing the finished product. Keep us posted.
Best of luck
Ed

Fox, you should have seen what I started with!!!HA HA!!! Oh yea that is me in the first pick and yes the hull is older than I am but I'm not going to say by how much!!! I'm just glad to here that you guy's think it is turning out right. It mean a lot to me. Hopfully it will be good enouph for maybe a mag article.

open87 03-27-2004 11:46 AM

great project. doing the same thing to a 72 cig. alot of work.:D

Mag27 03-27-2004 12:41 PM

Magnum 27,I know what you started with,my team towed it in Lauderdal in 2001 were george destoyed it running in 6 to 8s.He run so hard he had 1 lap on P4 and 5.I think him and the 38 cat that beat us in P4 were the only ones to finish before the C.G.shut it down.Anyway great job,and you can race us and the Gambler in P4 in 2005. Mel TEAM VIXEN P5-1

Mag27 03-27-2004 01:03 PM

Magnum 27,couple things i forgot.Vixen is leading a life of retirement like me.She gets to run up to the restaurant and show off her P5-1,draws a lot of att.Next year we will take the no. of and repaint her,its been 4 and she has her scares.Go to my web sit and see your Compition for 2005 www.teamvixenracing.com.Stay with it and you all will make it. MEL

Mag27 03-27-2004 04:21 PM

Magnum,sorry about the address goof. www.teamvixenracing.com MEL

magnum27 03-29-2004 08:12 AM

Thanks Mel for the info, your new boat looks great. Hope you hve a great year racing her. do you know if George is still racing and with who? I cannot wait to try my hand at it. I have always wanted to race boats, next year I should be ready.

cuda 03-29-2004 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't let them scare you about the black. This black is 18 years old, you can see the reflections of the boat cover in it.