OSO Gathering - Lake Travis (Austin, TX) - April 16th

Notices

OSO Gathering - Lake Travis (Austin, TX) - April 16th

Old 04-03-2004, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Travis Map

Here is a crude PDF map of Lake Travis.

Devil's cove in the long cove just northwest (upper left) of Carlos'N Charlies.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:26 AM
Registered

Default Official Poker Run Schedule

Here is the official Poker Run schedule:

Remember - Non-Baja owners cannot buy a hand! We are basically "crashing" the party.

Start at Carlos'N Charlies (mile Marker 9)

Around noon, cruise to Ridge Harbor (Mile Marker 45).

Cruise back to Johnny Fins for lunch.

Finish at Carlos'N Charlies.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:34 AM
Registered

Default Unofficial Poker Run Schedule

Now that you know the official Poker Run schedule, here's what I propose to do...

Start at Carlos'N Charlies (mile Marker 9) on Saturday morning. They should have breakfast tacos.

Around noon (or earlier), cruise to Ridge Harbor (Mile Marker 45).

On the return trip, skip Johnny Fins and go straight to Devil's Cove! As long as you have plenty of food and drinks onboard, there is no need to go to Johnny Fins.

We will raftup and start the serious partying. The water cops there are cool. As long as you are not endangering yourself or others, they will leave you alone.

I will probably get there first , so look for a solid red bowrider with an old fart at the helm and an all-girl crew.

Around sunset, we will go back to Carlos'N Charlies and party until closing.

Any questions?
Old 04-03-2004, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't been to Travis since I was a kid. I will see if I can make it.

Roby
Old 04-03-2004, 10:49 AM
Registered

Clay,

Got the call from Bob yesterday that the boat is ready. I plan on being in Austin next week to take her out for a test drive, get the bugs out, and then drop it off to be detailed.

Running out of time. Would like to have my new stereo head unit installed, and put on the new steering wheel before the 17th.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Registered

Clay,
I'm doing OK. Stuck inside the 12 ft high blast wall encapsulated camp and work site. Surrounded by guys with guns to keep the bad guys away. We get a mortar or missile attack about once a week but they keep missing. The work is boring and so is the life but the paychecks look nice. I get a two week R&R in a couple weeks but I'm going to Ohio to see my lady friend and then up to Michigan to vist my family. I won't get back to TX till the next R&R around the end of July. I'm already looking forward to that one! I might have to cop a ride on your boat as I don't know if I'll have time to get mine out of mothballs. I might though just to get a few days on the water. We should finish up the job here in late September then I'll be home for good. There is another small job they want us to do but I don't think I'll sign up for it. It will be too dangerous as you have to commute out to the job every day from the camp. The job is right along side the road too where the bad guys can drive by and shoot or bomb us. Not for me that job. Too bad I'm gonna miss the boat season but I'll be ready for some serious riding when I get home for good. Shoot me an e-mail so we can converse without boring all the OSO family. See you later. Sageman.
Old 04-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

I posted this earlier and didn't realize my membership renewal wasn't working yet. It is now... So, here's the stmt. again:

Since Clay has organized for us to all meet at C&C's Friday night, LET'S ALL SHOW UP IN our OSO SHIRTS so we'll at least know who's there and we can all introduce ourselves to each other, all right?

FYI - the boat's FINALLY back together!! Just ran it for the first time today: New motors & closed-cooling/lab'd props/reprogramed computers/1800 watt stereo -- freshly waxed and itching to SPANK CLAY'S @SS! (Boy, will I never hear the end of it if he beats me! ).

See everyone Friday night in your OSO shirts!
Old 04-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a name tag like this one?
Attached Thumbnails OSO Gathering - Lake Travis (Austin, TX) - April 16th-oso_nametag.jpg  
Old 04-03-2004, 08:48 PM
Registered

How much **** would you OSO guy's give me if I show up in a 21'sea ray, WOT 40MPH,
Old 04-05-2004, 06:53 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Joe
See everyone Friday night in your OSO shirts!
I'll have on my OSO hat!

Quick Reply: OSO Gathering - Lake Travis (Austin, TX) - April 16th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.