Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   bottom wax?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/75506-bottom-wax.html)

R Addiction 03-31-2004 05:36 PM

Originally posted by blue thunder
That's funny, I get just the opposite affect. When the cooler is empty the boat goes slower :confused: :D

BT :cool:

That's because you need all your faculties to run that tub!!;) Oh Yeah Hi Dave!!!:D

blue thunder 03-31-2004 06:26 PM

Originally posted by R Addiction
That's because you have all your faculties to fly that tub!!;) I'm impressed everytime I see you zooming past me! Oh Yeah Hi Dave!!!:D
Tub you say? We'll see about that gimbal boy. :D If we could only get you away from the beverage counter long enough to find out what faculties you have, would be a miracle. Going back and forth between tomes and the goose doesn't constitute boating, that is commuting :eek: :crazy:

Oh, and Hi John

BT :cool:

R Addiction 03-31-2004 08:04 PM

LMFAO!!!!!!:D :D Good One BT!!!

Wasabe 03-31-2004 11:46 PM

Re: bottom wax??

Originally posted by Chris
I have always waxed the bottom of my boats. I recently had a discussion with someone that told me I was wasting my time. He told me you will gain more speed by not waxing because it creates friction causing tiny bubbles that will make the hull faster. Is there any truth to this???
DON'T WAX THE BOTTOM. You are wasting time.
And if you have to transport it, you have risk of it sliding. I'd hate to see a bottom waxed on a Bull. It would not be a pretty sight.

Wasabe 03-31-2004 11:49 PM

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
Snake oil is better....ask DMAN. :D

:D :D :D :D

Wasabe 03-31-2004 11:50 PM

I've heard that if two surface's are smooth, it creates a sort of suction. Sort of like two peices of wet glass laying on top of each other. :) Not a scientist here!!;)
:eureka:

Wasabe 03-31-2004 11:55 PM

Re: Re: Stop waxing the bottom

Originally posted by ONESICKGLADIATOR
waxing the bottom is a waste of time because it will not stay on for more the 10 feet

Especially in the upper Chesapeake Bay with it's notorious shallow water:D

Hey there you go. A cheap way of getting it wet sanded.

R Addiction 04-01-2004 06:25 AM

Oh it's been done.......Not by me of course!! Wasabe, do you need your bottom sanded or waxed?;)

On the boat of course!!

Wasabe 04-01-2004 05:58 PM

Oh it's been done.......Not by me of course!! Wasabe, do you need your bottom sanded or waxed?;)

On the boat of course!!

:eek: :o :eek:

BARCOASTAL 04-01-2004 06:13 PM

You have to paint flames on it if you want it to go faster!!!:eureka: :eureka: