Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Apache's on Key West Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/75591-apaches-key-west-poker-run.html)

Little Tommy 04-02-2004 03:31 PM

We have tired 575 Keith Eickert's. Working on 2 new ones as we speak.

Tpmmy

Little Tommy 04-02-2004 03:34 PM

Hey Lucy!
Yes, Us girls got alot of sun-it was fabulous.
I am going thru withdrawal's! Probably will not get back down to Miami for a few weeks. As you know, Tom's dad probably only has a few more day's to live- -really sucks . But looking forward to some good times with you a Magnum!
Kathy :(

Panther 04-02-2004 03:35 PM

Originally posted by Little Tommy
We have tired 575 Keith Eickhardt's. Working on 2 new ones as we speak.

Tpmmy

Sounds nice, is it a step bottom or regular design? I'm curious to know what performance you are seeing with mild power like that? Just curious for future reference as I may be in the market at the end of the year.

Panther

Little Tommy 04-02-2004 03:47 PM

Our 1994 '36 Apache has a straight bottom with 2 fuel tanks, mid and front nose. Dry weight 10,500 pounds, Bravo XR drives. 400 hours ago, the boat could run comfortabaly 78-80 @ 5,000 RPM, now we are down around 75-77 on the gaffrig GPS @ 4,900-5000 RPM, depending on sea conditions and weight.
I am either going to re-freshen these motors as soon as we get it back up here from Miami or are going to install tall deck 572's and rebuild the gimble's. I am a little nervous with the 572's becuase of the torque and the weak link of the XR drives. So I have not quite made up my mind yet.
The boat has been 100% reliable as of this point and just want to keep it that way.

Little Tommy

WARPAINT 04-02-2004 07:10 PM

Tommy, i am so sorry to hear about your father.Hopefully better days lie ahead.:(

Little Tommy 04-02-2004 09:29 PM

Warpaint----Thanks for your thoughtful words. He was diagnosed 4 weeks ago with cancer of the pancreas. Only complaint----back pain. Go figure. We were told yesterday he has less than a week. Sure is hard to see a man that was once so strong turn into this frail frame of skin and bones. It just breaks your heart We are thankful that the pain medication is making him comfortable.

Tommy and Kathy

mama tryed 04-03-2004 05:58 AM

Hey Tommy,,, GREAT PIC'S!!! Looks like you Guy's had a Great Time!!! I hate that word "cancer",, its been used on this Board, way too much , lately!!!
Keep the Pictures Coming,,,please!!!!:D :D :D

WickedWon 04-03-2004 06:40 AM

Tommy, it was good to meet in KW and the boat looked great. Sorry to hear about your dad, went thru the exact same thing with mine 12 years ago. Get rid of the mirrors and be sure he gets WHATEVER it takes to keep him comfortable. He'll always be around when you need him and in time the picture in your mind will be of him prior to his illness.

Jim & Mary

Nykamp 04-03-2004 07:15 AM

TOMMY

Tommy and kathy are thought and prayers are with you and your wonderful family, take care. Steve and Krista and Steve and Brenda.