Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Top Gun insurance in fla.....OUCH! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/75656-top-gun-insurance-fla-ouch.html)

BARCOASTAL 04-01-2004 06:59 PM

payments on a financed insurance premium are higher than many boat loan payments:confused: :confused: :confused:

cigarette1 04-01-2004 07:15 PM

Originally posted by open72
i can't belive people pay this amount of scratch for insurance, i'm totally blown away by what i am reading. 15 g's a yr. that's like a 1200 $ house note:eek: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :drool:
Some of these guys are probably paying close to $10,000/mo for their pads :eek: .... not me :(

ONESICKGLADIATOR 04-01-2004 07:37 PM

Originally posted by fullthrottle42a
Just got my quote from Sy, 5700 2004 cig topgun 525 power. No Layup and not operational boundries. Still I have to say OUCH!!!!
Old total dollar sy just cover my 2004 gladiator w/ 800 zuls motors $7,800.00 No Layup and not operational boundaries
Boat insurance is getting out of hand now

sy goldberg 04-02-2004 07:51 AM

boat insurance premiums

Many of you are forgetting a basic fact,insurance companies are a business and not an ATM.I know of 5 insurance companies that have left the business in the last 2 years including the carrier that is paying the claim for the Skater accident(ED MOSSMILLER) in the Chesapeake ,a 2,000,000 claim.It is only common sense that if any business has more expenses than income they will soon be out of business or have to increase prices.I think we all have to work together to get claims down.I am fortunate to be a direct agent for the ACE AMERICAN INSURANCE COMPANY and one their requirements in our program is that outdrive,propeller,and trailer locks be installed or theft deductible doubles(STERNLOCK AN OSO SPONSOR) has the best and most effective locks available.I also think that the selling dealers should share some of the blame,many of them only worry about closing the deal and do not provide much training in the operation of boats with stepped hulls to either novice boaters or to prior owners of non stepped vee hulls.I could also go on about alcohol ,operating at night at high speeds,and boat owners thinking with a body part other than their brain but I have to get back to work.

Downtown42 04-02-2004 08:00 AM

Originally posted by cigarette1
Some of these guys are probably paying close to $10,000/mo for their pads :eek: .... not me :(
Probably did pay 10k/mo...now they are paid for.:eek:

wwwTOPDJcom 04-02-2004 09:26 AM

Time to start OSO insurance company non profit
there is certainly enough smart people with the legal know how to do this here.

The Menace 04-02-2004 09:57 AM

Insurance

My insurance costs:

Top Gun Twin 600's $1900.00 Seasonal

39 ft Cat Twin 1,000's $5000.00 Seasonal

Piper Turbo Arrow 4 $1,750 Year around

Ferrari $ 350.00 Year around

Pad Priceless, best value

clearcut3 04-02-2004 10:08 AM

Re: Insurance

Originally posted by expresscat39
My insurance costs:

Top Gun Twin 600's $1900.00 Seasonal

39 ft Cat Twin 1,000's $5000.00 Seasonal

Piper Turbo Arrow 4 $1,750 Year around

Ferrari $ 350.00 Year around

Pad Priceless, best value

Have you ever tried taking all those toys to one place for a package deal? That may already be your packege deal but with that much insurance....damn it's sure worth a shot. The moral of your story is...you can have a fleet full of Ferrari's and it won't come close to the insurance on 1 boat:D Damn nice toy box though:D :D

Dean Ferry 04-02-2004 10:16 AM

Cash Bar,
I worked with Sy and Bob and both gave me their best $$ on insurance on a 2002 353 Fastech that we were looking 2 buy earlier this year. I just couldn't justify the ins. $$ to move up to the 353, soooo, we just kept our 280 Velocity and bought a rental waterfront house!:) It was a much better investment. Plus at the present $$ for gas, I'm glad I have only 1 HP500 to feed instead of 2!!
I will say that Sy and Bob did give me their best deals on ins.
Good luck in finding REASONABLE Hi-Perf. boating INSURANCE in FL.

Dean

The Menace 04-02-2004 10:22 AM

Discount for volume?

Tried that and it does not work.
Actually have the Ferrari plated and Insured in Florida. When the boats are insured in Florida they are double the cost because of year around usage.
One company has both boats and the plane. No discounts for volume.