If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    was the boat named "hondo"?

the Apache had Torques..I guess Sterling bought them Name on boat as I recall...the dealer wouldn't share much info as it was technically sold...I am lucky he took me out...they had just redone the hydraulic streering so I was out with the mechanic and salesman..they wanted a ride too...truthfully I don't know much about Torques..are they decent?
    Last edited by LPA2106; 04-02-2004 at 09:54 PM.

My Boats:
    36 Outlaw
    St. Louis/ LOTO
    I wouldn't spend the money on them. Lots of problems. Never quite got it right and that is pretty much put them out of business. $100k is a lot to spend on 1,200 hp. You better make sure you have it right or you will end up with some unhappy customers.

yea...this boat is "gone" I understand Sterling had to clean up these engines..too complex and troublesome...those merc/Lambs were supposed to be bullet proof
    Last edited by LPA2106; 04-02-2004 at 10:06 PM.

Platinum Member Platinum Member rainmn's Avatar
    Manahawkin, NJ
    Originally posted by SummerObsession
    This is one of the most hilarious thread I've ever read!
    Nice dream, wake up dude!

If I had a boat the had 2400 HP and only ran 90, I would shoot myself for ever buying something so slow.

Then again, that's just one man's opinion.
    Exactly my thoughts about the 2400 HP / 90 MPH part. If I ever have the scratch to afford to keep 2400 horses healthy and fed, they better push me a hell of a lot faster than 90.

yea....put T-1100 Sterlings in a stepped 42' Fountain or Cig and expect 115mph according to the calculator....105mph in a non stepped 41'

...but you have to test the boats to see if you feel the extra speed in hull efficiency is a trade off in another department....

...this salesman was in an OL at a Poker run and said it's a different boat compared to these flex...solid...but different...he likes older Cigs/Fountains and Apaches best for rough water..and Stepped boats for most other purposes..

...I think because of my budget I will go with a 42' stepped and HP 500's and be happy with 77mph or so.
    Last edited by LPA2106; 04-02-2004 at 10:38 PM.

one thing that strikes me is Reggie hit 160mph on around 2200HP a 42'er ...but the speed calculator says he would need 3600HP total to do that with the constant for a fast v-bottom....a cat could do it with 2200HP...I wonder what he did to that boat to get it up to that 160mph?????

My Boats:
    1989 Apache 41
    NW , IN USA
    Originally posted by GLH
    That might take a while. Unless you own a chainsaw and a few $100 grand.
    Now I do not know about that !

This one has a single step !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally posted by LPA2106 didn't want pics of this boat I agreed....all white...big Indian in headress on sides...and i love stepped boats....but if you have the bucks for big power this thing is a rush...and comfy in squirrelly's just not a matter of not having steps but weight and balance....this boat is heavy in front...its made for rough..tough..stuff...possibly the heavier stepped boats are good too...I haven't tested em all..but I agreed with my boss to test 25 boats before buying one...

..I love the 42' Executioner Fountain it's a great value

..the 38 Cig TG is a favorite, never tried a stepped one..

..Pantera's rule if a a 28' is what you want

..41' Apache with big motors is pure adrenaline 26' Nova ST Wellcraft T-Strokers does ok

..I need to try a 38' TG stepped...and an Apache 41' Stepped...and then an OL...though I don't have the bucks I would love to try one..

bottom line is you have to keep a broad perspective to what the boat is and the application..

..buying the right boat's 97% preparation and 3% execution..

adj : suffering from or characterized by delusions

My Boats:
    2009 30 LS7 SKATER 711
    Livonia Mi Usa

Banana torqure motors

i beleive that the owner at calon bought the remains of the v 12s and sterling was helping devolp them just what i heard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast