Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tested a 41' Apache (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/75771-tested-41-apache.html)

WickedWon 04-03-2004 06:23 AM

I Can't Stand IT !!

Is the board so slow that OSO has hired a " fiction" contributor ? Let me get this right ( forget the details about the boat :rolleyes: ) a salesman with a contract and a 25 G deposit, on an old boat, takes it out for an open ocean thrashing ?

Please stop, any credability that this board has is being eroded by your uhh................stories.

Thank You,
Jim Deitz

Playn 04-03-2004 06:42 AM

Re: I Can't Stand IT !!

Originally posted by WickedWon
Is the board so slow that OSO has hired a " fiction" contributor ? Let me get this right ( forget the details about the boat :rolleyes: ) a salesman with a contract and a 25 G deposit, on an old boat, takes it out for an open ocean thrashing ?

Please stop, any credability that this board has is being eroded by your uhh................stories.

Thank You,
Jim Deitz

This post pretty much sums it up.

LPA2106, Please post the name of the "salesman" or "broker" so I can be sure to avoid him in the future.:rolleyes:

TeamSonic42 04-03-2004 09:07 AM

Stranger things have happened.

I know a guy who had his boat with a local dealer for brokerage. He didnt want anyone to ride the boat with out him. The boat was on a trailer. The dealer had a client whom wanted to go for a ride, so the dealer hotwired the boat & took it out without permission from the owner, against the owners specific instructions. The owner purposely didnt leave any keys. The dealer didnt tell the owner they did this, he found out about it thru other channels...

Needless to say it hit the fan...... other things have happened from this dealer also :(

OldSchool 04-03-2004 09:30 AM

Re: I Can't Stand IT !!

Originally posted by WickedWon

Thank You,
Jim Deitz

But it is entertaining, to say the least!!!:D :D And it gives us all someone new to pick on.:cool: How far is it from San Diego to Catalina?:rolleyes: A little far for a "joy" ride.;)

Mystery boats....mystery salesmen!!!!

Craig Hall

Sydwayz 04-03-2004 09:57 AM

LOL, "Fiction Writer" !! :D :D :D :D

Come on LPA.
You owe nothing to the dealer. He got paid. The boat is sold. Cough up some pics.

OldSchool 04-03-2004 10:00 AM

Originally posted by Sydwayz
LOL, "Fiction Writer" !! :D :D :D :D

Come on LPA.
You owe nothing to the dealer. He got paid. The boat is sold. Cough up some pics.

Hey leave him alone!!!! :p He already posted some pics of the engine!!:D :D

Semper Fi 04-03-2004 10:34 AM

Re: Re: I Can't Stand IT !!

Originally posted by craig223
But it is entertaining, to say the least!!!:D :D And it gives us all someone new to pick on.:cool: How far is it from San Diego to Catalina?:rolleyes: A little far for a "joy" ride.;)

Mystery boats....mystery salesmen!!!!

Craig Hall

Catalina is approx. 90 miles from San Diego. I have never seen this Apache that is described in this thread.

I have seen "Hondo" in lake Havasu. It was at DSM for a while, but it didn't have that big power or #6 drives.

Semper Fi 04-03-2004 10:35 AM

LPA--- what is the name of the boat dealership and the salesman's name???

Fightclub 04-03-2004 10:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Troutly
The more read this thread, the more I think it is time to raise the flag...

I agree.

ApachePete 04-03-2004 11:45 AM

Unfortunately, it's not all that unusual for dealers to "demo" a customer's boat without permission. A dealer I won't name did it to me MANY times I found out later from former employees. Even demo'd my race boat for a very well known "chief" competitor whose identically power 41 always finished behind us!

Pretty classy, huh?

But it gets better!

They demo'd/joy rode my first 41 and broke the hull in half. The guy driving is now a well known engine builder in South Florida. Company has an "Indian" kind of name.

The boat had just been sold to a new guy. I don't know if they had his permission or not.

He forced them to build him a brand new hull, with the threat of a lawsuit. The broken hull became the mold for the McManus 42.

But there's more!

One time they blew a motor in Allez Vite while giving someone a ride, and had the balls to call me and tell me that they discovered the blown motor after I had last used the boat. Claimed that I must have blown it, but not known it when I left it at their dock.

I'm not making this stuff up! I know the boat was running just fine when I brought it in: you don't dock a boat with crash-boxes with a broken motor.

Oh, did I mention that I got the call while I was in Australia, where they had tracked me down thru my office.

They never backed down from their story, and I yanked the boat of there and never went back.

That place went under a couple of years later.

Wonder why?