Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ottis got a Tiger!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/75774-ottis-got-tiger.html)

Shane 04-04-2004 07:07 AM

hugetime1 called me last night, said they never really left the dock for the poker run. A water pump failed.:hothead: :mad: :( BUT he said teh boat is GORGEOUS and teh pictures here do NOT do it justice! I cannot wait to see it when he gets it home.:cool:

Airpacker 04-04-2004 07:10 AM

That suckas gonna touch both shorelines on LG at the same time isn,t it? :)

Nice ride Bob. I guess I'm gonna have to get me a Tiger ride on Champlain this July and see what made you and GL want a 42.

Shane 04-04-2004 07:18 AM

Originally posted by Airpacker
That suckas gonna touch both shorelines on LG at the same time isn,t it? :)

Nice ride Bob. I guess I'm gonna have to get me a Tiger ride on Champlain this July and see what made you and GL want a 42.

YEAH, if airpacker gets one so do I!:p :cool: :crazy:

GLH 04-04-2004 07:27 AM

Originally posted by Airpacker
That suckas gonna touch both shorelines on LG at the same time isn,t it?
Maybe even three sides!

Bob left me a message got a few little growing pains but all easely fixable, wouldn't be bob without a few hiccups!!!

otis311 04-04-2004 07:35 AM

Huge is right. The boat did not reach Sarasota until 10pm Friday night. We went over the boat there at that time. Skip Braver Came out on arrival of the boat to congratulte me and make sure everything was perfect !!! We called it a night and all involved agreed to meet at 800am (pretty early considering the partying that was taking place). My poor wife Yvette drove straight thru from NY and arrived in St Petes at 600 am on Sat exhausted. I say ,get in the shower we got to go !! S off we go to Sarasota to complete the deal and paperwork. That all got done by 930. We headed to the ramp with BajaDaze. Huge headed to the Drivers meeting in my place seeing we were OUT OF TIME and in a extreme rush. Daze and the driver from National help me launch, fire it up put the girls in the boat and off we go. 2 minutes out the alarms start going off. We shut down and im thinking sea strainers closed. Bingo !! but the damage was already done. One pump fried.

otis311 04-04-2004 07:45 AM

We all rushed and a simple oversight on Nationals guys and mine for not going thru EVERYTHING at the ramp cost us a day of boating. Oh Well. It was a blessing in disguise. All day long while a team off mechanics from Outerlimits and National were working out our problem, broken boats were limping back to the ramp !! when a 46 Skater came back and they were saying how bad it was i new this was meant to happen. It was going to be my wifes 1st Poker Run and she would not have been impressed. Bat girl was on a 51 Outerlimits and came back in a cab from one of the stops with a broken wrist !!! I would have broken something or some one without a doubt. I am going to post a thread at a later time thanking National and all the others that went WAY out of there way to help our crew out. They deserve alot of credit

Anyways, ITS ALL GOOD

GLH 04-04-2004 08:04 AM

Originally posted by OTIS311
...We all the others that went WAY out of there way to help our crew out...
I should of told them that you need help with your pablum... :D:D:D

Broken wrist riding in a 51Outer... it's a good thing you didn't bring Yvette in that she'd a kick your azz after! :D

GO4BROKE 04-04-2004 08:09 AM

Awsome boat! I'm glad you didn't take it out and scare the wife or hurt yourself!

Chuck 04-04-2004 09:02 AM

Congrats Bob, Looks like an awesome boat!!!! I look forward to seeing it in a couple of weeks at the Queens boat race. Sounds like that would have been a hell of a first ride. My friend from Massena NY went down this week with his 31 Sonic. I'm glad we were unable to talk him into doing the run. See ya soon, and again congrats aon an incredible looking ride!!!

JPD Motorsports 04-04-2004 10:37 AM

That sucks about the pump, did they get it fixed for you at least go out and run the icw with it? Also a bummer about the broke boats from the poker run as well and the injury. Nice looking rig thats for sure!