Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Duo Cat ? Has anyone heard of one? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/75851-duo-cat-has-anyone-heard-one.html)

Ironmanwb 04-05-2004 08:59 PM

Does anyone have any idea what a restored boat like this would be worth.
I plan on putting in a permenet fuel tank. New throttle/ shift cables and control box, new steering system, new paint and clearcoat, full motor tune and repaint and fix the trailer.

It has a 115 hp merc straight 6 and looks to be the origonal motor.

I would guess it would be worth 5-6K.

All of your input would be great.

glassdave 04-05-2004 09:27 PM

one of the best places for boats like this is screamandfly.com these guys are big on outboard stuff and seem to have a good amount of history knowlege on board. i just picked up a mid 70's 16 foot glastron lookin thing and they were able to help me identify it. i did a search for Duo and got a bunch of hits but you have to sort out the ones for volvo duo prop.

rkeetekt 10-08-2004 01:22 PM

Re: Duo Cat ? Has anyone heard of one?

I have a Duo Mystry 17 hull - it had an inline 6 150hp mercury when I bought it. That outboard lasted 1 season. I spent an entire summer reinforcing hull and transom and put a mercury 175 on it. I used it mostly for waterskiing and kept the 19 pitch prop on it, it still did 60mph w/ such a low pitch. What a fun boat. I ended up selling my outboard years ago when I needed the money. I am planning on repowering for next season. If anyone would like any more info. or photos I would be happy to provide. This is only the second time I found this boat mentioned on the internet, other than the link you guys already found.

awdar 10-24-2005 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ironmanwb
I found a 17 ft Duo brand Catamaran and I might be able to get it for free. I has a 115 Merc on it an is from the late 60's or early 70's. Has anyone ever seen one. I searched the net but the only Duo boat I found were Runabouts.

Any info about this would be appreciated.

I own one of these boats. It is restored with a 150 Yamaha. It is the neatest thing to drive . I get alot of looks on the lake as no one has seen one of these. Email me [email protected]

glassdave 10-24-2005 11:53 PM

damn. . .now even the new guys are bringing up ancient threads :D :D . . . Awder, welcome and enjoy the site. do you have any pics of yours that you can post?

hey ironman any new news on the Duo? i pulled my fishing boat out of Claras storage building and was looking at that thing again but that was last fall. sure would be great if someone could get their hands on that thing. :cool:

tooslow 10-25-2005 04:08 PM

Had one..1971 17 ft "mystry" 1981 140 merc. Ran it in the ocean when i was 16. Friend fell out once..stuffed into a wave once.when it stuffed .deck and hull seperated at rubrail for first 5 ft of boat water pressure through "opening" in bow blew tach out of dash..lots of stories i cant remember. Very stable i thought..i think it did very close to 60. Wish i had it now..i would treat her better :sorry:

Ironmanwb 10-27-2005 12:05 PM

GlassDave

Haven't had the chance to talk to the guy about it again but the last times that I talked to him he was a real prick and he wound't even entertain the thought of selling. It really pissed me off. He hasn't used it in probably 20+ years and he owes my neighbor who stores it for him all the time. He pays a little then lets the fee ramp up again. Yet he won't sell............I'll keep waitng. I am building a house now and I don't have the time or the money to buy it and put it back together.