Notices

Oklahoma Lakes

Old 04-12-2004, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great!! Let's stay in touch. I'll do my best to remind you... I will also post in the Poker Runs section later with the details.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:29 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by blown formula
Great!! Let's stay in touch. I'll do my best to remind you... I will also post in the Poker Runs section later with the details.
Aren't there some stumps and shallow areas over there, or is it pretty clear. I would like to come but I'm not interested in shearing off a drive for it.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:43 PM
Registered

Yes, there are some stumps.... but no more hazards than on Grand. The hazards on Grand are a lot HARDER!! Solid rock in between islands, Two Tree Island, Pelicans ( )!!, etc. Overall there is nothing to worry about especially in the spring when the water is higher. Later in the summer, you want to stay in the main channels. Again, most stump hits will glance off the drives as they are in water 45 feet deep so the trees move when hit. I have never lost a drive or prop here. A sandy bottom is not near as hard as Grands solid rock!! Stay in the channels where all the big guys run and there is no problem. "Tree'd" areas are marked on the maps anyway. Nothing to worry about.

Clear water, sandy beaches... and tastes better than salt!! You can beach a boat here I not destroy your gelcoat.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:57 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EUFAULA LAKE... kinda' got lost in the Grand Lake clutter!!

I used to boat Grand but moved on to Eufaula... for a lot of reasons.. the rough water was one reason, there is a reason some many LARGE boats are on Grand. Just wait until you are hit with a 5 foot roller with no boat in sight!! Launched does not begin to explain it! Pontoons have rolled over in the roller up there. No kidding.

Eufaula is the only lake in Oklahoma to offer over $10,000.00 1st place prize in a Poker Run (Golden Eagle Poker Ruin- June 12,2004) They pay to 6th place.
We will have entries from at least 5 states... even Dragonheart showed up last year. A great contingent from Kansas City area was also there. All OSO members.
We have over 650 MILES of sand beach (something Grand does not have) and very good running room as the lake is over 75 miles long. The favorite gathering spot for the "performance" crowd is "The Cut" on the island in front of my home. Every boat running to the cut has to go by my house. Killer sounds!! I love it.

P Offshore- your gang will have to come this year. I know Fountain 38 will be there.... with the woman of course!!
George, we will be at the Poker run again in June! See you then!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 08:12 AM
Registered

Great!! Looking forward to it. I hope your friends don't have trouble this year.....
Old 04-13-2004, 08:19 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, there are some stumps.... but no more hazards than on Grand. The hazards on Grand are a lot HARDER!! Solid rock in between islands, Two Tree Island, Pelicans ( )!!, etc. Overall there is nothing to worry about especially in the spring when the water is higher. Later in the summer, you want to stay in the main channels. Again, most stump hits will glance off the drives as they are in water 45 feet deep so the trees move when hit. I have never lost a drive or prop here. A sandy bottom is not near as hard as Grands solid rock!! Stay in the channels where all the big guys run and there is no problem. "Tree'd" areas are marked on the maps anyway. Nothing to worry about.

Clear water, sandy beaches... and tastes better than salt!! You can beach a boat here I not destroy your gelcoat.
Well, I wasn't comparing it to Grand, just wanted to know if you can actually run without many problems. A friend of mine has a place there. How do I get the entry form.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:04 PM
Registered

Yea,

please post links to the poker runs on these lakes!
Old 04-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Great!! Looking forward to it. I hope your friends don't have trouble this year.....
Let's hope no one does. May it be a break down free Poker Run!!!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

PokerRun, all I do is follow someone who knows the lake. That usually works for me. This is an outstanding run, although it is not very competive. People just do there own thing and hit whatever card pickup they want to, and when they want to. Then everyone heads to the cut. Nice sandy beachs out of the wind. Its not Grand, but it is fun and a change of pace.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Registered

I used to boat Grand but moved on to Eufaula... for a lot of reasons.. the rough water was one reason, there is a reason some many LARGE boats are on Grand. Just wait until you are hit with a 5 foot roller with no boat in sight!! Launched does not begin to explain it!
Is this Offshore Only or Pond Boating only. How about Y-O-U load 'er up and come back to Grand once this summer. What's the use of having an offshore capable boat if you never hit a wave with it? Just bustin balls. LOL!!!!!

Quick Reply: Oklahoma Lakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.