Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boot, Your My Boy (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76137-boot-your-my-boy.html)

MitchStellin 04-07-2004 06:22 PM

Boot, Your My Boy

******Disclaimer: This is boating related because I will be towing a boat with this truck.****** No lights, no flashing, the tranny shifts, and I feel more power.:D I can't believe Miss Picky didn't throw this one also, this might be the ticket, I will drive it for a few days but as of now there are no signs of gremlins. This X must be the pickiest truck around but we fooled it:cool: The power feels good also, I have not and most likely won't hammer it from a stop but it really pulls from second to third, then I was going to fast and had to slow down:D Next test is the trailer. I am hoping the extra 90lbs of torque will move 10,000lbs nicely. That is the true test.

eyezlee 04-07-2004 06:42 PM

What chip? You have the 7.3 right?

traviss 04-07-2004 07:12 PM

Our 2000 350 super duty ford work truck has a little chip in it. Quite impressed, with 35" tires it will do a burn out with 800+ of tougne weight from the 10,000 lb load. :D :D

MitchStellin 04-07-2004 07:46 PM

It is an Edge EZ module, it plugs in it 15 seconds. The X has such complex wiring it will not accept many chips. This is the third one and it looks good. I bought it from boot (Joe) from Western Diesel. I do have a 7.3 It is really not a "chip", it is a module that plugs in under the hood and mounts on the air box. It is about 3X5. Very easy.

MitchStellin 04-08-2004 10:42 AM

TTT. raced a DMAX this morning and got him at the start and kept pulling away. Thats a first!!!

Sydwayz 04-08-2004 10:48 AM

"Your my Boy, BLUE!!!!" :D :D

MitchStellin 04-08-2004 11:10 AM

Hey Frank the Tank, I knew you would Post Whore this Thread:D

boot 04-08-2004 11:29 AM

I am real glad to hear that Mitch !;)

For those that don't know , Ford Excusions can be a REAL BI*TCH to upgrade the power on !! Mostly the "LIMITED " model with security systems. When you add chips to these you have a 50-50 chance of warning lights coming on ,on the dash . We tried a few different ones for Mitch and settled on the Edge box . I was hoping for a little more power for him (70-80) ,but we had to settle for the 50hp module . This is the first Excusion I have seen that was this fussy !! :rolleyes:

Looks like Mitch is going to pass his time picking on chevys now !! :D Better hope the Chevy guy doesn't see this and call me , I can up his 150 hp !!:eek:

That's just not fare is it Mitch :(
Well ,hope you love it !! Thanks ,Joe

MitchStellin 04-08-2004 12:05 PM

Oh well, there will always be someone faster, bigger, richer etc, etc. I am happy with this set up, It is going to be great for towing and I get to test that this weekend. It says there are 4 settings and the factory set it on 2. The instructions give the 1 and 4 power settings but nothing for 2 or 3. Did you change the factory setting? The 4 position gives 60hp and 110lbs of torque, the factory setting of 2 should give 50hp and 90lbs of torque. I will leave it alone unless you say otherwise, the other chip is on it's way back. Thanks a ton, I know I have been picky but it is a daily driver and I tow for hundreds of miles in one trip and I need to know I will make it back. This system installs so easy a 5 year old can do it. I told the guys on the DieselStop about this so I bet I can help you sell a few more. Most who have chips have problems and those that don't are affraid of the problems. This seems to be the ticket.

Cord 04-08-2004 12:07 PM

Cool! This should make for a entertaining pull down to LOTO! No more wining from Mike about not lifting for the last 20 miles! :D