Notices

Boot, Your My Boy

Old 04-07-2004, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Boot, Your My Boy

******Disclaimer: This is boating related because I will be towing a boat with this truck.****** No lights, no flashing, the tranny shifts, and I feel more power. I can't believe Miss Picky didn't throw this one also, this might be the ticket, I will drive it for a few days but as of now there are no signs of gremlins. This X must be the pickiest truck around but we fooled it The power feels good also, I have not and most likely won't hammer it from a stop but it really pulls from second to third, then I was going to fast and had to slow down Next test is the trailer. I am hoping the extra 90lbs of torque will move 10,000lbs nicely. That is the true test.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Registered

What chip? You have the 7.3 right?
Old 04-07-2004, 07:12 PM
Registered

Our 2000 350 super duty ford work truck has a little chip in it. Quite impressed, with 35" tires it will do a burn out with 800+ of tougne weight from the 10,000 lb load.

Last edited by traviss; 04-07-2004 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:46 PM
Registered

It is an Edge EZ module, it plugs in it 15 seconds. The X has such complex wiring it will not accept many chips. This is the third one and it looks good. I bought it from boot (Joe) from Western Diesel. I do have a 7.3 It is really not a "chip", it is a module that plugs in under the hood and mounts on the air box. It is about 3X5. Very easy.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Registered

TTT. raced a DMAX this morning and got him at the start and kept pulling away. Thats a first!!!
Old 04-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

"Your my Boy, BLUE!!!!"
Old 04-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Registered

Hey Frank the Tank, I knew you would Post Whore this Thread
Old 04-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I am real glad to hear that Mitch !

For those that don't know , Ford Excusions can be a REAL BI*TCH to upgrade the power on !! Mostly the "LIMITED " model with security systems. When you add chips to these you have a 50-50 chance of warning lights coming on ,on the dash . We tried a few different ones for Mitch and settled on the Edge box . I was hoping for a little more power for him (70-80) ,but we had to settle for the 50hp module . This is the first Excusion I have seen that was this fussy !!

Looks like Mitch is going to pass his time picking on chevys now !! Better hope the Chevy guy doesn't see this and call me , I can up his 150 hp !!

That's just not fare is it Mitch
Well ,hope you love it !! Thanks ,Joe
Old 04-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Registered

Oh well, there will always be someone faster, bigger, richer etc, etc. I am happy with this set up, It is going to be great for towing and I get to test that this weekend. It says there are 4 settings and the factory set it on 2. The instructions give the 1 and 4 power settings but nothing for 2 or 3. Did you change the factory setting? The 4 position gives 60hp and 110lbs of torque, the factory setting of 2 should give 50hp and 90lbs of torque. I will leave it alone unless you say otherwise, the other chip is on it's way back. Thanks a ton, I know I have been picky but it is a daily driver and I tow for hundreds of miles in one trip and I need to know I will make it back. This system installs so easy a 5 year old can do it. I told the guys on the DieselStop about this so I bet I can help you sell a few more. Most who have chips have problems and those that don't are affraid of the problems. This seems to be the ticket.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Cool! This should make for a entertaining pull down to LOTO! No more wining from Mike about not lifting for the last 20 miles!

Quick Reply: Boot, Your My Boy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.