Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Todd Cimmino (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76221-todd-cimmino.html)

blueamerican 04-12-2004 07:06 PM

Thanks to all my fellow OSO boaters...I did get #$@% by him, but I will get even; I have a very good contact in the business who happens to be the US Postal inspector in NJ. Did anyone ever hear of "Mail Fraud" a very inditable Federal Offense. Plus I have some good friends in both the FBI & Secret Service. Not high on their priority list, but when they are in the neighborhood I would not want those guys "knocking on my door".

buckknekkid 04-12-2004 09:11 PM

Originally posted by blueamerican
Thanks to all my fellow OSO boaters...I did get #$@% by him, but I will get even; I have a very good contact in the business who happens to be the US Postal inspector in NJ. Did anyone ever hear of "Mail Fraud" a very inditable Federal Offense. Plus I have some good friends in both the FBI & Secret Service. Not high on their priority list, but when they are in the neighborhood I would not want those guys "knocking on my door".
Keep at it!:fish: :fish:

kevinr 04-21-2004 06:06 PM

Dont know about the boats,But I am new owner of Hawk Engines . Have been doing business with him for two years ,no problems,
but I do sell to him not buy

Kevin's Machine & Engineering Crawfordville Fl
850 926 6272

buckknekkid 04-22-2004 05:25 AM

does that mean you assembled all the motors in the last two years??

Frequency 04-22-2004 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I purchased my motors from Hawk last summer. Kevin had no part in assembling them (as far as I know). I took my motors back down to Hawk Power for Todd to add a few non-essential accessories like flywheels, belts, hoses and exhaust headers. :rolleyes:

I met his staff, Kevin was never mentioned so he apparently bought the recipe, cast valve covers and stickers.

My motors were dyno'ed locally.....

Frequency 04-22-2004 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was told the motors would probably make 625 Hp on the dyno as the race heads few fully flowed. After the dyno recorded a best of 545 Hp we yanked the heads, replaced the worn valve guides, installed new exhaust valves and did a real port job. The motors now make 575 Hp @ 5400 rpm. :)

kevinr 04-22-2004 11:18 AM

No I did not do any asembly's ever or him, The work that I preformed for Todd was finish honing the new Merlin or Dart blocks to a platue finish, and balancing the rotating assembly's, From July 2003 on until he shut down. In fact if you got a engine from him you should have got a print out of the bobweight's and the balance sheets before & after to prove if I did bal. work!!! No I did not purchase any of the recipes, Have my own that I think will work better, I did recieve oilpans,valve covers,hose,etc.... No Decals

kevinr 04-22-2004 11:32 AM

My goal is to restore the Hawk Marine Power name to its orignal purpose. High quality durable performance marine engines. Had a long talk with one of the original owners,(nice guy) last night. He said he would like to help. I always welcome input, My motto: Never to old or smart to learn something new
KR

buckknekkid 04-22-2004 11:59 AM

Ok man build some great power and keep everyone in the loop!

Frequency 04-22-2004 01:18 PM

Kevin,

Just wanted to share what I knew so you would have an opportunity to set the record straight. Thanks!

I don't know if you did my motors - I assume so. I did not get the balance sheets. My local shop said the bottom end looked real good - so it must have been you ;)

Out of curiousity, how many blocks did you do for Todd?

Will you have an emblem available to replace the cheap sticker on top of the intake manifold?

Greg