Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
...Help I am in the back of the factory! >

...Help I am in the back of the factory!

Notices

...Help I am in the back of the factory!

Old 04-09-2004, 06:15 PM
mirageman

I'm post-whoring now....

I don't blame you for wanting something unique. For 700k you deserve to have something special, you earned it. You have alot of options, and there are many choices. I don't know how many turbine boat owners are out there but I would venture to guess less than 30.
You should also think of resale. $hit can go bad really quick, and I had alot of friends who had to dump there toys fast because of the dot com bust. The more custom, the harder it was to turn and some got there stuff repo'd.

I am not trying to pursuade you from going turbine, I am just telling you what I would do personally. I think there is a market for turbines but it is a very specialized market.

As far as something unique a new white boat is a blank pallete and you can put whatever you want on it. custom graphics on the order of 30K+ on a big cat will go along way in making sure you have something that nobody else has. custom choices in fabrics/materials/ and colors will also do the same. Whoever your builder is they will guide you through the process. Or you can buy used. There are several nice cats for sale right now plus you avoid the wait time. It all boils down to personal preference.

Old 04-09-2004, 06:25 PM
mirageman

Sorry to hear the bad news. There are other good choices out there in which you don't have to pay 700k for a custom/unique boat. Cigs/Outerlimits/Fountain are all great boats. Skater 36 used you can pick up for around 240k+\- and still get some serious speed, same with Spectre. There are a ton of boats out there in all price ranges and like I said before some custom paint will go along way.
Heck, you can even pick up that 42 Executioner with 496's for 1000 bucks a month with 44K down.
You got choices man! Name your price and we'll find you a boat!
Have a good weekend!

Old 04-09-2004, 06:47 PM
LPA2106

...I talked to a dealer in Fla who said the about the same things you are saying..but felt if I had a good chance of coming up to the 400k point wait a few months and do a Fountain 42'' with 575's...or a Cig with 525's..or I figure Apache as well...my wife dosen't want to see another payment if I can help it on a boat..it starined our relationship in the past...so I am trying to go the other route...

Old 04-09-2004, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of talk....no action.....thats all I got to say about that...........
Old 04-09-2004, 08:50 PM
LPA2106

call my broker..lots of action!

Old 04-09-2004, 09:03 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LPA., What type of boat do you have now? What were your past boats?
Old 04-10-2004, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by SOX
LPA., What type of boat do you have now? What were your past boats?
This should be good.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

your brain is toast
Old 04-10-2004, 12:53 PM
LPA2106

had a 30' scarab..sold it...now have a 38' Scarab company boat t-HP500's...so I do now have a boat to use....so I am not pressed to buy or not buy boat like I was before..I have not tried this out...engines being redone..boat was in good shape i heard but power was bad for lack of maint....so since I have this to play with a while...I am polishing my credit and gonna cash in some options when they mature in several months and buy something special...probably up to the 350k range...before the best I could do with financing was something in the 30-maybe 35' range with the power I wanted..and I want to go "new" for a change...and fyi "open '72...I really don't come across to people like I did on here...I am totally different in person...I assumed this was like some of the other boards I was on...didn't know that folks here actually know as much as they do...and I use this place to recreate and learn...take care!

I want to get a few more bucks and polish credit to get a little more power..

my current considerations not in any particular order...

-38' TG 525's

-42' Executioner 525's

-41' Apache 525's (though it may be a 70mph boat) that's actually fine...

Obvious focus is on having something that can handle rougher waters and "durable" uncomplicated power is a must. ...sounds like I have a decent top 3 list? Let me know if I am off base with 525's in the Apache...

Last edited by LPA2106; 04-10-2004 at 01:05 PM.

Old 04-10-2004, 01:17 PM
LPA2106

hey Mirageman thanks for the evaluation...and seeing what I have been needlessly putting my self through....yup..like a soup sandwich I guess...but I have been all across the gammet looking...better to make a mistake here and be roasted in a humerous way than to buy the wrong piece of hardware ...fyi I am in materials consulting in engineering..it's just the way we do business...check out every nook and cranny...sorry if it was annoying..I learned a lot

Quick Reply: ...Help I am in the back of the factory!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.