8.28%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Who dislikes blow-boats... and why

Old 07-09-2004, 08:34 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Who dislikes blow-boats... and why

I'll be out tomorrow....You? Heading to Chesapeake Inn for lunch.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:10 PM
merkruzer

I think were heading to jellyfish joels not quite sure thoughif we head to ches. city ill look for you

Old 07-09-2004, 10:17 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

I'll keep an eye out for ya!!! Plan on hitting a few spots around the bay this weekend. 484-883-1390 cell
Old 07-10-2004, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started out with a Blow boat a 14ft Sunfish, Then went to an M Scow and raced in Ocean Gate NJ with it... Most blow boaters have no respect for Performance boaters, 1)They sail their boats like they drive their cars (Slow)
2) They are the same way when you go to a boat store (Pains)
3) Their the first to fight for slower speeds, Noise pollution.
4) They block off channels as they race and expect you to stop.
5) Will cross the front of your bow with no thought of Safety
6) Think they own the waterway
7) Think they own the roadway ( Stay in the left lane doing 50 can tell by the little flags on their bumper)
8) Act like Mr and Mrs Howell (Above everyone)
9) Will block of the waterway and force a powerboat into shallow water
10) I will never sail a blow boat again!
Old 07-12-2004, 06:27 AM
R-Don

Idont care if some people think its unhygenic.

I think its great!

Old 07-12-2004, 08:05 AM
Registered

They sure do make nice turn bouys when you have a few other boats with you tearing up the lake.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:19 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Originally Posted by HyperBaja
They sure do make nice turn bouys when you have a few other boats with you tearing up the lake.

Thats great!!!! LMAO
Old 07-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HyperBaja
There's a 51 OL in there somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails Who dislikes blow-boats... and why-600_2004_dippelrun-crop_22_.jpg  
Old 07-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Registered

Ok, this guy wasn't a blo boater, but he did have a big Bayliner.

Goes flying into the narrow channel (marina) no wake at about 20 knots. Big waves. Long to slow down.

I am 300 yards behind and come off plane properly. I enter no wake and channel behind Capt. Bayliner at 5mph (gps). After a few minutes, I am within 150 feet. I slow to 2.5mph (gps) then I see that I am still closing so I shift to reverse and stop in the channel. After a few minutes, while he is talking to a chick on a jet ski, I say to a friend onshore "do you suppose that he will look behind at some point?"

Capt Bayliner hears me and says: "Are you talking to ME?" I say "no" (actually I was talking to a dude onshore).

Capt. Bayliner starts cussing his head off at me, saying stuff like just because I have a fast boat that I don't own the channel... (I was the one that observed the no wake, and stopped completely rather than try to push or pass)

He goes as far as to call the females on the boat (One is a child) profane names and tells me that he will meet me onshore to kick my azz. He said that he has been boating for 30 years, and how dare I question his seamanship.

I responded that I wasn't interested in his poor seamanship, that it was his bad behavior that was much more surprising. I told him that you see stupid moves from other boaters all the time, but never such bad behavior.

I told him that if he has been boating for so long, how come he is so unhappy that he has to give a guy a bunch of crap just for coming (safely and slowly) within 100 feet of his stern (and stopping). He kept crabbing, saying "F... U."

I told him how proud his yacht club must be that he is flying their burgee, as he is such a fine ambassador.

I really wanted to tell him that most people learn in less than 30 years that Bayliners suck, but I held my tongue. He was making a big enough scene for both of us, and I was enjoying my day.

So here's a powerboater (kind of) acting the same way as many blo boaters do, just because he looks behind and sees that he isn't the only boat on the road. (And the boat behind him can dust him.)

I hate it when people (blo-boaters or otherwise) assume that just because my boat is faster, I am impatient or unaware of proper safe practices.
I never fly up on anybody's stern. I creep up, stay clear, make eye contact, and then only if everything is clear will I pass.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:28 AM
Registered

If I wasn't such a good guy, I would go swimming with a 5/8 inch wrench.

Quick Reply: Who dislikes blow-boats... and why

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.