39.31%
I have never been on a blow-boat
8.28%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Who dislikes blow-boats... and why

Old 04-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of the blowboaters in the gulf side are rude, asses,tacking in front of ya running down the icw at 1mph running a zig zag pattern and get pissed when you go to pass, while doing so they give the one up wave. Then there is the handfull that like the powerboaters and wave take pics and respect the water ways with other boaters out there and will actually be curtious on the water. Guess it depends on if they got laid the night before on there mood the next day.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And another thing. Learn the rules of the water. If you have your motor in the water, and sails down, YOU ARE CONSIDERED A MOTOR BOAT. MEANING I HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY AT TIMES. Impossible to count the amount of times I took the right away and had them later come over to the dock *****ing and yelling about how I need to move for them.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:42 AM
mirageman

I HATE BLO-BOTERS!!!!!!!
BLO-BOTES MAKE GREAT REEFS

I boated all my life, and have worked for West Marine for several years in the early 90's, and at several marina's and have found the following results:
1.) Blo-boters smell. Have you ever had to stand around one that has been on his boat for 3 straight weeks. OVER-RIPE!
2.) Canadian blo-boters smell worse. Dunno why.
3.) There a bunch of pansy-ass's. period.
4.) 45 minutes after the gas dock closes at night, they want gas to get back across the lake because the wind died out and it is getting dark.
5.) F'n lousy tippers after you start the pumps back on to give them gas to get back across the lake, and they give you 2 bucks.
6.) Self-centered A-holes who think that bridges should open for "them".
7.) "Vegetarian, and Organically grown come to mind".
8.) The trailerable blo-jobers oops,,, I mean boters take forever at the ramp! Crap, I used to be able to have my boat on the trailer and pulling out in 15 seconds. Blo-boter next to me: 30 minutes and he stops at the top of the ramp to be sure to not let anyone use that ramp as he lowers his boom, or whatever the "F" they call it.
9.) Did I mention they smell?
10.) Seattle Seafair 2001 people are throwing water balloons back and forth between boats.Tons of fun! A-hole in a blo-bote decides to throw ice and gets his ass kicked.
11.) They drive Subaru's. (I can start a whole new thread on Washington Subaru owners)...
12.) It takes forever to get where you are going. Why? Could you imagine a Poker Run with Blo-botes? It would take a fricken year just to get a hand of cards!
13.) They listen to music like Cat Stevens....
14.) Did I mention, they smell?

Old 04-09-2004, 11:09 AM
Registered

Originally posted by mirageman
I HATE BLO-BOTERS!!!!!!!
BLO-BOTES MAKE GREAT REEFS

I boated all my life, and have worked for West Marine for several years in the early 90's, and at several marina's and have found the following results:
1.) Blo-boters smell. Have you ever had to stand around one that has been on his boat for 3 straight weeks. OVER-RIPE!
2.) Canadian blo-boters smell worse. Dunno why.
3.) There a bunch of pansy-ass's. period.
4.) 45 minutes after the gas dock closes at night, they want gas to get back across the lake because the wind died out and it is getting dark.
5.) F'n lousy tippers after you start the pumps back on to give them gas to get back across the lake, and they give you 2 bucks.
6.) Self-centered A-holes who think that bridges should open for "them".
7.) "Vegetarian, and Organically grown come to mind".
8.) The trailerable blo-jobers oops,,, I mean boters take forever at the ramp! Crap, I used to be able to have my boat on the trailer and pulling out in 15 seconds. Blo-boter next to me: 30 minutes and he stops at the top of the ramp to be sure to not let anyone use that ramp as he lowers his boom, or whatever the "F" they call it.
9.) Did I mention they smell?
10.) Seattle Seafair 2001 people are throwing water balloons back and forth between boats.Tons of fun! A-hole in a blo-bote decides to throw ice and gets his ass kicked.
11.) They drive Subaru's. (I can start a whole new thread on Washington Subaru owners)...
12.) It takes forever to get where you are going. Why? Could you imagine a Poker Run with Blo-botes? It would take a fricken year just to get a hand of cards!
13.) They listen to music like Cat Stevens....
14.) Did I mention, they smell?
LOL Uh, I think you just described Liberal Democrats.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:33 AM
Registered

Talking

Blo-boaters consider themselves purists. They just happen to like diffenent stuff than I do. They will tell you they like the sound of water lapping against the hull, the wind whistling through the sails, the gentle clang of the rigging up against the mast. I just happen to like the sound of a BBC with open exhast at 5000 RPM!
Old 04-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Registered

We have one of each at the dock. The sailboat is fine and has it's place, as does the go fast. I always wave as I go by and 90% or more wave back. Same for the powerboats (unless they have upholstered decks). Guess I'm just an obviously great person as I don't have any of the trouble that "you" seem to.

-Greg
Old 04-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been both a blow-boater and a power boater.... I like them both.... and their differences too... sometimes it's nice to plug along at 8 mph and sit back in the cockpit and look at the tell-tales on the sails... and I never had a problem with power boaters wizzing by.... I never gave them the finger because they passed me like I was standing still ( by their perspective I was). But I also like the thunder of a BBC under boost while moving at 90 mph.. I think most of the hatred between the groups is caused by ignorance of a few on both sides....
Old 04-09-2004, 12:09 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I hate blowboats.

These guys go to the gas dock and get 2 gallons of deisel fuel. Then they load up on 100 gallons of water. you would think they filled the water tank before leaving the dock, but then they may have to pay for the water if it was at their house.

If they had to pay for wind they wouldn't be boating

Now, I understand they have the right of way when under sail, but why don't they understant that they don't necessarily have the right of way when under power.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Never could you take your speed boat, put it on auto pilot and get all kinds of freeky with your women

Sailboats are fine with me and for every "blowboater" that gives me the fingure it is probably because some "stinkpotter" blew by them to close and pissed them off. I have more time on sailboats (no suprise is it ) I love going out and racing with a good crew. You would be amazed at how fast 10-12 knots can feel when you have all that stuff to keep track of. Lots going on on a sailboat so yes as some one said it is more of a purist mentality. I rarely get flipped of up in my area and when I do I ussually figure it is because some one buzzed them real close.

Jon
Old 04-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Hard On
Most of the blowboaters in the gulf side are rude, asses,tacking in front of ya running down the icw at 1mph running a zig zag pattern and get pissed when you go to pass, while doing so they give the one up wave. Then there is the handfull that like the powerboaters and wave take pics and respect the water ways with other boaters out there and will actually be curtious on the water. Guess it depends on if they got laid the night before on there mood the next day.
Not to be rude, but someone just mentioned ignorance. This is the only way a sail boat can make it's way up wind. They have to zig-zag. It's what they do and the maneuverability (especially in a narrow channel) is limited which is why they have the right of way. It is a lot easier to just turn your wheel than it is for them to tack.

Quick Reply: Who dislikes blow-boats... and why

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.