Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who dislikes blow-boats... and why (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76244-who-dislikes-blow-boats-why.html)

JPD Motorsports 04-09-2004 01:16 PM

Pointerman, no rudness taken. There is this one stretch that is 5-6 boats wide by longboat key area, and they will zig zag from side to full side even when you motion which side you are overtaking on and approaching from, others will just zig zag and leave enough room for most to pass on. It might be easier to turn the wheel, but I also will slow down when passing sail boaters in this area not to rock them that hard as well.

jafo 04-09-2004 01:56 PM

Love 'em! Sailboating women always want to show you their volvo......or is that ..oh nevermind.....:crazy:

45sonic 04-09-2004 02:40 PM

Re: I may catch some crap for saying this but..

Originally posted by Shah Mat

As far as sailboats and the owners.... Kinda like a group of bicyclist on a busy road. In the way, a pain in the azz to get around, but have just as much right to be there as I do.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Some are nice and easy to get along with, others are a royal pain in the ass. They just don't show the same respect for us that we have to show for them We don't do anything to put anyone in any danger and have great repsect for our speed and wakes.
As long as they are on the water enjoying the day like we all enjoy being on the water so be it --- just stay out of my way.

Cash Bar 04-09-2004 04:02 PM

I love when blow-boats are racing:
Announcer; They're off!!
(3 hrs. silence)
Announcer; At the first turn...

Honestly, They make great slalom bouys when your goin' 80+, and if you have #6's or a Cat you can even make sure they get a daily shower.

KH0302 04-09-2004 04:50 PM

I don't care either way, I ignore them. And I think...

*rant* BASS BOATS SUCK!

;)

Reed Jensen 04-10-2004 01:58 AM

Any other opinions?

spitfire1 04-10-2004 08:39 AM

I think Catmando would have made a good sailboater.....for some reason when I think of a blow boater.......Cat comes to mind......hmmm.......

check freak 04-10-2004 10:42 AM

Did I mention they make great lightening rods, during a thunderstorm. I guess this is one positive point.

Reed Jensen 04-11-2004 02:29 AM

Post up folks!... I want to hear your experiences!..... this could be almost as good as the differences between "Two Plankers" and "Knuckledraggers on lunch trays"..............:D To those that don't know.... that's skiers and snowboarders....:p

Reed Jensen 04-11-2004 02:31 AM

Oh.... and for those that don't know.... Skiers are more like powerboaters... and snowboarders like blowboaters.... Damn knuckledraggers zig zag all over the slopes... skiers blast directly down the fall line... :D