Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who dislikes blow-boats... and why (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76244-who-dislikes-blow-boats-why.html)

R Addiction 04-26-2004 07:16 PM

Originally posted by Strip Poker 388
I don't have a prob with the boats just the general type of people on them.
Exactly!!!! I try to be as courteous as possible to these people. Pass with plenty of room, try not to cross their bow, and they still act as if they own the waterways. :rolleyes:

Fightclub 04-26-2004 07:38 PM

Going To Race One This Year !

1 Attachment(s)
This is a picture of the type of boat I will race this year with a friend of ours.

I say ours because he is also a real boater! Had a Donzi and now looking a Sunseeker.

30 Knot Wind:D :D :D Lots of fun.:

Reed Jensen 04-26-2004 07:38 PM

Originally posted by R Addiction
Exactly!!!! I try to be as courteous as possible to these people. Pass with plenty of room, try not to cross their bow, and they still act as if they own the waterways. :rolleyes:
Yeah... those types need a big hot steaming tu-----uhhhh... wake across the bow... yeah...that's right!......:D

Fightclub 04-26-2004 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Fightclub 04-26-2004 07:42 PM

Not as bad as when you flip a V - Bottom

1 Attachment(s)

Pantera1 04-26-2004 08:42 PM

I like sailboats but had to vote hetem on the blowboaters themselves.. arrogant tree huggers !

Smarty 04-26-2004 09:43 PM

Hobie Cat on a windy day, get it on one sponson, that is blow boating to me, not some 34' Hunter. If it has a sail it still needs speed. My brother had a Hobie type cat, that is the only type of sailboat, other than a sunfish type, on a small lake, I have ever been on, and the Hobie is OK, not as good as an offshore hot rod, obviously!

Indy 04-27-2004 07:14 AM

Originally posted by Old School
Hobie Cat on a windy day, get it on one sponson, that is blow boating to me, not some 34' Hunter. If it has a sail it still needs speed. My brother had a Hobie type cat, that is the only type of sailboat, other than a sunfish type, on a small lake, I have ever been on, and the Hobie is OK, not as good as an offshore hot rod, obviously!
I had a Hobie 18 with the magnum wings on it...with a decent wind, that thing smoked...much fun.

john gov. 07-06-2004 10:52 PM

Re: Who dislikes blow-boats... and why

I love this subject! I have to tell you that you guys are a delight. You are positive and push performance forward which is a good thing for all of us. Too many sailors are of the classic music, wine and cheese, silver bearded types (not that there is anything wrong with that). I also love to sail and many years ago my beautiful wife and I sailed our little sailboat to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket, etc.
I can imagine that 90 miles an hour on a boat is pretty fast, but if you have not experienced winds of 30 knots, on the nose racing toward some stupid can, heeled way over, then you don't know what the sailing experience is either...especially if you're not so sure about what this sailboat can do.
Personallyt I believe that only I can determinbe if a boater is OK or dip****z.
It's my job. John Gopv.

Reed Jensen 07-06-2004 11:09 PM

Re: Who dislikes blow-boats... and why

Man... somebody had to dig deep to resurect this old thread... hahahahah :D