Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who dislikes blow-boats... and why (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76244-who-dislikes-blow-boats-why.html)

R Addiction 07-06-2004 11:14 PM

Re: Who dislikes blow-boats... and why

Sailboats SUCK!!!!

Hi Reed!! :drink:

ElDiablo206 07-07-2004 08:27 AM

I hate it when...they try to come back into the harbor under sail, side to side, side to side it so annoying to have to sit there and wait..

fund razor 07-07-2004 09:27 AM

Hey look,

All the people who defended Blow Boats have FREE MEMBERSHIPS!

Go back and look, I'm not kidding.

They really ARE cheap.

fund razor 07-07-2004 09:29 AM

I guess if you are willing to wait for wind, you are willing to wait for a thread you like, since you can't start them.

Ok, wait... Indy is in that group, but other than that....

Chris 07-07-2004 09:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I know why they don't like me :D

fund razor 07-07-2004 09:37 AM

Is that a powerboat with a big mast?

I don't see a sail, but I see a little baby wake.

waterheater 07-07-2004 09:54 AM

They have right to enjoy the water as well. Some do get nasty at you.

But one thing is, they DO NOT have the right of way under power. But they assume they ALWAYS do, as i found out after the fireworks show here. I was leaving in our group around 11 pm, barely 5 mph, and this guy in a blow boat heads straight for us, cuts me off, so after he goes by i cross his wake and nail it. @$$hole

fund razor 07-07-2004 10:16 AM

I had a guy over the weekend cross through a narrow, shallow inlet on the leeward side of an island under power, while his limp sail flapped above. I had to back off and slip to his left at 4 mph. He knew what he was doing. The limp sail was up, so I had to shut down and wait for an opening. If he had been power only, he would have been just another boat getting passed on the port.

Ended up having to stay off plane for 200 yards until I got out of the shallow cut.

mr_velocity 07-07-2004 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Chris
I know why they don't like me :D

Yup but they are usually one of the few you'll find out in a windy day.

29mirage 07-07-2004 12:05 PM

[QUOTE=mirageman]I HATE BLO-BOTERS!!!!!!!
BLO-BOTES MAKE GREAT REEFS

I boated all my life, and have worked for West Marine for several years in the early 90's, and at several marina's and have found the following results:
1.) Blo-boters smell. Have you ever had to stand around one that has been on his boat for 3 straight weeks. OVER-RIPE!
2.) Canadian blo-boters smell worse. Dunno why.
3.) There a bunch of pansy-ass's. period.
4.) 45 minutes after the gas dock closes at night, they want gas to get back across the lake because the wind died out and it is getting dark.
5.) F'n lousy tippers after you start the pumps back on to give them gas to get back across the lake, and they give you 2 bucks.
6.) Self-centered A-holes who think that bridges should open for "them".
7.) "Vegetarian, and Organically grown come to mind".
8.) The trailerable blo-jobers oops,,, I mean boters take forever at the ramp! Crap, I used to be able to have my boat on the trailer and pulling out in 15 seconds. Blo-boter next to me: 30 minutes and he stops at the top of the ramp to be sure to not let anyone use that ramp as he lowers his boom, or whatever the "F" they call it.
9.) Did I mention they smell?
10.) Seattle Seafair 2001 people are throwing water balloons back and forth between boats.Tons of fun! A-hole in a blo-bote decides to throw ice and gets his ass kicked.
11.) They drive Subaru's. (I can start a whole new thread on Washington Subaru owners)...
12.) It takes forever to get where you are going. Why? Could you imagine a Poker Run with Blo-botes? It would take a fricken year just to get a hand of cards!
13.) They listen to music like Cat Stevens....
14.) Did I mention, they smell?[/QAnd most

And most "LIKE" to cross country ski