Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT-$500K bike??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76282-ot-%24500k-bike.html)

ryoung99 04-10-2004 08:39 AM

Is this an OCC bike?

epeek 04-10-2004 12:45 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Demeanor
Did you hear Jay give them some chit bout the bike they bult for him? Apparently the bike stopped dead and left Jay stranded. Turns out the ignition was wired though the tail light. Bulb blew and bike was dead. Im suprised Jay called em out on it.
That's crap that Leno did that on national Television.
Anybody can make a mistake upon assembly of
anything mechanical. Amazing how there is no
tolerance for a honest mistake. Only problem is,
when you screw up as a machanic everyone thinks
your incompetant. When Jay screws up its just
another night of his lame jokes!

Roger 1 04-10-2004 01:05 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Demeanor
Its on right now and their wiring skills suck. Someone needs to teach them to heat the connection, not the solder. The guy was dropping globs of solder onto the connection. They just ran the wires through the frame then drilled holes in the frame and were very careful nit to frill into the wires. Then they screwed allens into the frame. Wonder how long until that chafes the wires?
I`m glad that I`m not the only one who thinks those guys are Hacks!

Mike 35 Fountain 04-10-2004 07:08 PM

I have an OCC T-rex and I broke down twice with it.

Both times it was due to loose wire connections.

Other than that it's probably the most balanced and comfortable bike I've ever owned or riden.

It's got a 121 cu. inch TP engine with a five speed.

rainmn 04-10-2004 09:24 PM

Originally posted by Roger 1
I`m glad that I`m not the only one who thinks those guys are Hacks!
You are not alone there. No offense to you, Mike 35 Fountain. I like their "Production" bikes alot, if you can call them that.
It's just that god awful crap they build for the TV show that bugs me. The whole show just bugs me. How many times can one person say "I gotta be honest with ya?"
And someone answer me this: For the butt-ugly theme bikes they build for the show, exactly what is it that Paulie Jr. "Fabricates?" Sorry, but welding stupid crap onto a fender, tank, or frame that you bought from someone else is not my idea of fabrication.

epeek 04-10-2004 09:34 PM

Originally posted by Mike 35 Fountain
I have an OCC T-rex and I broke down twice with it.

Both times it was due to loose wire connections.

Other than that it's probably the most balanced and comfortable bike I've ever owned or riden.

It's got a 121 cu. inch TP engine with a five speed.

I had a Harley Super Glide, Broke down many times,Siezed exhaust valve, Starter broke off,Primary
gushing oil...........goes to show you,even the big boys
have problems.

epeek 04-10-2004 09:36 PM

Originally posted by rainmn
You are not alone there. No offense to you, Mike 35 Fountain. I like their "Production" bikes alot, if you can call them that.
It's just that god awful crap they build for the TV show that bugs me. The whole show just bugs me. How many times can one person say "I gotta be honest with ya?"
And someone answer me this: For the butt-ugly theme bikes they build for the show, exactly what is it that Paulie Jr. "Fabricates?" Sorry, but welding stupid crap onto a fender, tank, or frame that you bought from someone else is not my idea of fabrication.

Ya gotta admit,that spiderman bike is a nice piece.

Mr. Demeanor 04-11-2004 12:15 AM

i dont watch the show much but it looks like they just assemble parts from other suppliers, tack on some parapheralia, and paint it. I've never seen them bulding a frame, a set a forks, engine, etc. A friend of mine just had his bike at a photo shoot for Hot Bike. He bought a Bourget chassis, built a turbo motor, hand made a ton of parts like fastners and brackets etc. It is one of the nicest chopper type bikes I have seen but it flows. Everything isnt just bolted on. Fasteners are hidden or sweet looking button heads instead of hex bolts. Thats the way a bike should be built in my book. Thats my biggest complaint with the Harley based bikes. A nice bracket to hang the exhaust is just a chrome plated hunk of iron when it should be a nice piece of billet hardware. Im not saying cover it all up the Jap bikes, just make it trick. For the price that should be a given. The V-Rod comes close. Just my $.02

mcollinstn 04-11-2004 09:44 AM

I see these big buck chopper bikes and just wince.

OCC reminds me of when my grandfather used to bring his SPECIAL coconut cake to holiday functions. For years everybody was in awe of his cake.

Then years later my grandmother told me that she baked all the cakes. She laid the first layer on the plate. Grandfather came in and poured coconut milk on it. She then iced it and laid the second layer on it. He came in and poured coconut milk on it. She iced it and then he came in and made red swirly icing things on the side of it. His cake...

ha.

I see Jesse James and I see a talented metalsmith. Cool ideas, too. Good attention to functionality too.

I see Billy Lane and I see an artist. Way out stuff. A little rough on the engineering and function aspect. I'd expect his bikes to break in half or throw you off, but damn they'd look cool while it happened.

I see Roger Bourget and I see a master of function. Jig welded frames. Good engineering practices. Innovative stuff. And look cool too.

Then I see OCC? A big loud cocky S.O.B., a son who doesn't even like bikes, and another son who pours the coconut milk on them...

Not on MY dollar, I say..

Audiofn 04-11-2004 10:19 AM

Their wiring is a joke.

I have to agree with the "I got to be honest with ya" comment. I have been wondering do they ussually lie :D:D

Their bikes are all bolt on stuf that they buy from some one else but they did have the design ideas to make them look the way they do. They are a marketing company best I can tell. The father landed the deal and now their sales are going through the roof. It is like Bose speakers.... They are quite possibly some of the worst speakers made but people love them.....

Jon